Home

NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2: Presentation

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Playbook 2: Presentation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #49
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports Presentation Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
They will now be a montage of the pregame stuff, like Osceloa riding out, set to music like on tv, instead of watching the entire pregame rituals playout as if you are in the stadium.

“So now the game starts out in the studio with Rece Davis, then when he kicks things down to the field, the game shows a quick music video showing highlights, fans, players, tradition, and run-outs all based on each school. Before you know it, you’re at the coin toss and you’re ready to start your game.” http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-preview.html

Like in NBA2k12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ng3dTSq_g
Thanks Big. More of a broadcast feel then. I guess I liked the old way since you're immersed in the fantasy of being on the field as a coach or player. It could help hype you up. But if this looks more like the ESPN broadcast I can get behind it.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #50
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Thanks Big. More of a broadcast feel then. I guess I liked the old way since you're immersed in the fantasy of being on the field as a coach or player. It could help hype you up. But if this looks more like the ESPN broadcast I can get behind it.
Yeah, I really think this is great IF done well, like in NBA2k12, I'm not even a hardcore music head but those music videos hype me. I especially love when ESPN does them and puts together a video montage, it exposes an old head like me to songs I might not hear otherwise. Also I'm glad to see they seem to have decided to go full on network broadcast and not some at the game/watching on tv hybrid, the presentation house divided could not stand, imo, lol.

I'm staying reserved but the overall tone of this stuff comes across as a new day for how EA football is being done. I hope that's the case and we can leave the troubles of the past behind us.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #51
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Yeah, I really think this is great IF done well, like in NBA2k12, I'm not even a hardcore music head but those music videos hype me. I especially love when ESPN does them and puts together a video montage, it exposes an old head like me to songs I might not hear otherwise. Also I'm glad to see they seem to have decided to go full on network broadcast and not some at the game/watching on tv hybrid, the presentation house divided could not stand, imo, lol.

I'm staying reserved but the overall tone of this stuff comes across as a new day for how EA football is being done. I hope that's the case and we can leave the troubles of the past behind us.

The more I think about it, the more I agree. If they are going to commit to broadcast, commit all the way. Some here, some there, was too scattershot of an approach in the past. If implemented like that 2K video you linked to, I can see getting super hyped up before a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #52
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I have to admit, I am intrigued by the "tempo". A few weeks ago, I threw in '04 for nostalgic purposes. While some things weren't as good as I remembered, the pace of the game was much better than the last few versions of NCAA...which for me can sometimes feel tedious. I am hopeful that they can strike that balance of moving the game along without it feeling rushed, and still maintaining a good feel of immersion.

I still like the runouts, but that pregame can definitley be streamlined a bit.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #53
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

I share your sentiment as well when comparing it to NBA 2k. Atleast until I can see a video of how this "blur tempo" is implemented. The thing with NBA 2k is that even after the montage they still go on with the pre-game intro, announcing the starting lineups, and we see signature pre-game rituals if you want to call them that. I am just in a wait and see approach right now, because again, this is EA we are talking about when it comes to presentation.

Last edited by PRAY IV M3RCY; 04-18-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #54
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

I may be seeing things, but could that pinkish half-circle under LE #93 be some sort of stamina gauge? I know they talked about it in the gameplay playbook. Would be nice to see how much players have in the tank.
Attached Images
File Type: png screen.png (359.5 KB, 121 views)
Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #55
Rookie

BV11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
I may be seeing things, but could that pinkish half-circle under LE #93 be some sort of stamina gauge? I know they talked about it in the gameplay playbook. Would be nice to see how much players have in the tank.
Yep that is what that is

Also that star under the CB is new right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #56
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I think the presentation is going to be a lot better this year. Having stat banners is huge.

However, I didn't see a mention of them fixing crowd noise. If they really want things like Zombi Nation to impact the feel of a game, the crowd needs to be somewhat loud at the very least.
Agreed.

What makes me more nervous is the new feature where you'll hear the center calling out blocking assignments and the defensive secondary calling out coverage. When I watch football I notice that in pro games but not in college games......college games are all about the crowd and the noise they generate, especially when their defense is on the field. What concerns me is that they'll incorporate their new "hear the center calling out blocking assignments" feature when both offenses are on the field and thus the noise a college crowd makes to try to throw the opponent's offense off just won't be there for yet another year.

Will have to wait and see what they ultimately come up with, but this does not inspire a lot of confidence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »