Home

Player Ratings missing on NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Player Ratings missing on NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Player Ratings missing on NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This is simply false.
I think he means in user games. In simmed games they mean a whole heck of a lot.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyed
I think he means in user games. In simmed games they mean a whole heck of a lot.
This

Take like the "Jump" rating for example it doesn't do anything from what I've seen.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
This is simply false.

I respectfully disagree. The only rating that has truly meant something in NCAA 13 was speed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I respectfully disagree. The only rating that has truly meant something in NCAA 13 was speed!
My personal experience with the game and more importantly the posts on this very forum from the developers at EA Tiburon when they were still active here during 2009 and 2010 tell quite a different story than yours.

Regardless, this thread needs to get back onto the topic of what ratings should be added into the game, not a frivolous debate as to whether they work.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #13
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockOchoGOAT
The "potential" rating has been left out of NCAA games for years. The rating represents the upside of how a player can develop. This is important, especially for recruiting. In real life, some recruits are more developed while others are long-term projects. What other player ratings do you think should be added to NCAA 14 and/or other future NCAA games?
There should be a hidden "ceiling" rating, a hidden "floor" rating, and a visible maturity rating, and a visible work ethic rating; which has an effect on whether or not the player's rating is closer to the floor or ceiling.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #14
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
My personal experience with the game and more importantly the posts on this very forum from the developers at EA Tiburon when they were still active here during 2009 and 2010 tell quite a different story than yours.

Regardless, this thread needs to get back onto the topic of what ratings should be added into the game, not a frivolous debate as to whether they work.
One more thing though if ratings matter so much why can we put a punter in as a blocker then watch him throw a 99 DE to that ground like nothing?
Old 04-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #15
Rookie

Buckeyed's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
One more thing though if ratings matter so much why can we put a punter in as a blocker then watch him throw a 99 DE to that ground like nothing?
Boom goes the dynamite.

I am interested in the QB ratings from Madden. I don't play Madden so it is intriguing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #16
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
As I've stated before, potential should not be a a numerical value but rather a percentage that a player will hit a current rating. This will make every dynasty unique and more dynamic.

For example,

Current potential:
Player A is 60 overall. B potential, always reaches rating in 80s.

New model:
Player A is 60 overall, potentials are as follows:
90-99: 20%
80-89: 30 %
70-79: 5%
60-69: 45%

This would be an example of a guy who is either gonna succeed or his tools are gonna fail him and he will not be great.
Obviously it would be broken down more and preferably player development would depend on factors such as this, % of snaps played, coaches development rating, and practice reps.

Also, there is always the problem of assigning default players potential ratings.
This is exactly what I had in mind

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »