Home

Dynasty Expectations

This is a discussion on Dynasty Expectations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty Expectations

I'm hoping to see realistic statistics in this game. I forget how many somebody said, but there were a ton of QB's in real life this past season who threw for 3,000 plus yards and quite a few with 4,000 yards. In NCAA '13, you hardly ever see this. I hope they fix it and make it more like real life.

If they would just add the ability to build your own coaching staff that would be great. Even if it is just offensive and defensive coordinators on this gen. I would love to be able to have a full staff someday.

I'm glad to see they now put in neutral site games. I wish they would add more stadiums into the game, specifically the NFL stadiums. It would be cool to have the Big 12 Championship game back at Arrowhead Stadium where it belongs.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 7

Funny thing is, the game is pretty much complete. They know exactly whats in this year game, and they dribble very little information leading up to the release. I wish Gameday was in, but I doubt it is. I doubt in game saves, I doubt 85 man teams. I've seen EA do this for years with this game, and this year is no different. I wish I am wrong. But I doubt it.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
This. Basically, take out Hard Commits. Those aren't really things that exist in real life.
I would like this as long as EA doesn't over do the decommits. If someone verbals to a school, they should get a bonus on continuing recruiting him, also I'd like a pop up when another school gets within so many interest points of my commits so I could step up the recruiting. Bad seasons, coach changes etc should sway commits...(also add pitches about a team having a bad season or rumors of a coach leaving)

If you recruit over someone, maybe get the lower rated player to decommit once and a while...I get the 12th ranked QB, but a few weeks later I sign the 3rd rank QB, perhaps the 12th ranked QB thinks about decommiting (now there are few positions this should happen at, and it should be rare, mostly QB since most other positions its easier to find playing time for them depending on the package)

Recruits needs to look at depth chart too, I can't remember how many times after recruiting I realized I had about 10 WRs with maybe 7 of them being underclassmen...why would any WR want to go there when there are that many young WRs?

EA also needs to look at schools at different levels, like start with schools like Alabama, LSU, FSU and see how many decommits they get on average per season, then look at schools like WVU, Ok St, Mich St, and see how many decommits they average per season to figure out a good number that a program should average based on team prestige....if I had to guess, the top tier schools probably get fewer decommits as if you commit to Alabama, you're not going to find another school on a higher level than them, you can only make a lateral move. Say Bama and LSU are fighting for the #1 QB in the country, and Bama gets them, but you're at South Carolina and have the #5 QB in the class who LSU previously recruited, now LSU starts recruiting your commit hard, and this makes a pretty cool and strategic recruiting domino effect!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #52
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
You could do that in 13. If you had the Mountain West and say, the Sun Belt as power conferences, you could set it up so that those champions met in the Orange Bowl, or Rose Bowl. 2nd and third place finishers would still be assigned to the original secondary bowl affiliates though. As long as your champ wasn't slated to play in the BCS title game, they would go to the assigned New Year's Day bowl. It does need to be opened up so that we can edit all bowl tie ins.
There are more bowls than BCS ones ya know.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
He acknowledged that at the end of his post.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #54
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Seems I do.

"You could do that in 13. If you had the Mountain West and say, the Sun Belt as power conferences, you could set it up so that those champions met in the Orange Bowl, or Rose Bowl. 2nd and third place finishers would still be assigned to the original secondary bowl affiliates though. As long as your champ wasn't slated to play in the BCS title game, they would go to the assigned New Year's Day bowl. It does need to be opened up so that we can edit all bowl tie ins."
Old 05-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here is a unique idea for dynasty...

Well, it seems to me that as a head coach in dynasty you basically have one real life responsibility: recruiting. Other than that, you play each game as if it was a "play now" game.

Part of being a head coach in real life involves many on field aspects that are non existent in this play mode. For example, where is the game planning/preparing your team to take the field on Saturday and have their best chance for success? In real life, there are countless examples of teams coming out and playing flat. This is how upsets happen (huge part of NCAA football). In my opinion, there should be way more that goes into the actual coaching on the field. Here is my proposition for how EA could implement this type of realism into the game:

During each week prior to a football game you would have three different practice type events that determine the way your team plays the upcoming game.

The first event would be sort of a film study/game planning exercise. You would be prompted with statistics and maybe 10 of your upcoming opponents best plays from the prior week. You would then be able to set percentage sliders to build a plan of attack for that opponent. You would be able to select things like your running to passing, man to zone defense, and blitz tendencies. Now if you are Bama playing in a rematch with LSU in 2011, you can game plan to throw more than you did in the previous game. Defensively, if you are playing against a mobile quarterback, you can now decide to focus more on playing zone schemes rather than man and blitz less to try to keep him in the pocket.

The second and third events would consist of one offensive and one defensive periods. During each period you select the top five or ten plays that you plan to be the largest part of your game plan and then get 3-5 reps of each of those plays. Depending on the effectiveness of your practice reps, you would effectively have certain plays that your players have confidence in running and would get a boost in chances of success during the game. By the same token, you would also have plays that may not be successful if they were not executed well during practice. Now as a coach you can keep a play or two tucked away and save them for those crucial third down situations when you need a stop or a first down late in a close game.

I know nothing like this will be in this years game, but is there anyone else that would like to see something like this implemented in the future?

Last edited by RCopenhagen; 05-06-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #56
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

I would like them to bring back the awards histiry of old. Were they had everything that player got while in school in his awards history even the year. They need to go bigger in teams winning bowl and national championships and talk about how uts their second time in three years or two peat and talk about that team and all others that go to the big dance and speak on it the next year saying how that team is still the national champs of last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »