Home

Minor Bothersome Things in the NCAA Series

This is a discussion on Minor Bothersome Things in the NCAA Series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #57
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Minor Bothersome Things in the NCAA Series

As far as minor bothersome things goes, it's pretty annoying while recruiting that the RT filters by position and LT filters by state while searching for recruits, but those 2 buttons are flipped while looking at your recruiting board.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

1. Flawed assessments of your performance in dynasty, leading to flawed coach prestige or harsh firings.

2. Lack of fan atmosphere/crowd noise
Old 05-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Honestly, the coaching carousel kills me. Over the past few days, I decided to take on a project and sim through. I chose FAU, bad team, 1 star, one of the worst teams in the game. By year 5, I finally had things going. I had FAU finish Top 5 in the country, and won the Sugar Bowl against Alabama in a fantastic 56-49 Double OT battle. 12-1, Sugar Bowl, and Sun Belt Champions with a Top 5 ranking, in real life a young coach like that would be ON FIRE. Yet, for some reason, the game still only had me ranked as a C level coach, mainly because I always seemed to fail some goals in year 1 of my contract. The only offers I was getting to be a head coach were MAC and other Sun Belt teams. However, I had brought FAU to a Top 5 ranking, and a 5 overall prestige. Because of that, my goals for the next contract were extraordinarily challenging. Top 25 ranking every year, top 25 recruiting classes, sign 5 4 star guys in the regular season, win a BCS bowl game, etc. Even though I finished 11-2 and #20 in the nation the last year of my contract, I got canned, couldn't get another head coaching job. Over 9 years, my record was 78-24 and 3-1 in bowl games, yet couldn't get a job, heck not even offered to be a high level assistant.
This! Very frustrating issue
Old 05-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #60
Rookie

Since we're talking minor things, a different view up on the jumbotron than the view we already are seeing? I dunno, maybe crowd shots, coaching shots, leading receiver & stats & things like that. Treat it as if it was a real jumbotron at a real game doing things to immerse the "crowd". It could even be utilized better in challenge situations, as players/coaches on the sideline the jumbotron should be our only way to see those replays/reviews & do it many different angles( if it's a tight call). Another way to handle the reviews would be to show a player run up to coach or ref pleading case ( I was down coach, my knee was down, or my toe was in & I made the catch coach & I think we could come up with hundreds of options here. ) the older/more experienced player the more likely that they would be trusted & correct. Like a sr 3v tailback would be correct 90% of the time & no player would ever be 100% allowing for randomness & controversy would be a nice element to me(maybe only me).

Another thought would be to have the jumbotron, set on broadcast regardless of view the player uses in game. Or random camera views, such as reverse end zone shot on a fade pass. So my view from the 35 yard line is being qb/oline but on jumbotron is the ball coming at you & seeing the front of wr & the catch on screen. Crowd goes wild!!! If we pause game & change the camera so we can replay looking at jumbotron we get amazing views & immersion. (am I making any sense here?)
Old 05-13-2013, 04:56 AM   #61
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I hate the replay challenges with a passion. . If you can go to the replay, you would never miss a challenge? no?
Been playing NCAA 08 PS3 a lot lately and after ever close call whether it be a catch, fumble, out of bounds.. etc.. they always show a real slow motion replay of it right after the play. I love it! I feel like in real life if a coach sees the replay on the scoreboard hes gotta quick analyze it and try to spot if the right call was made or not.

It feels realistic to me.

And yeah I agree we shouldn't be able to view the whole replay in replay mode before we challenge a play, that'd be unfair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #62
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

I hate how obvious calls get incorrectly overturned sometimes. Example; WR clearly catches the ball out of bounds, is called incomplete, then a booth challenge, replay shows he clearly catches it with two feet out of bounds, ref reverses the call.

Coaching carousel needs a complete revamp.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #63
Rookie

CyHawk's Arena

OVR: 1

This isn't minor, but the lack of any relevant equipment grinds my gears to no end.
NBA: Chris Paul

Old 05-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #64
Rookie

T-Moar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyHawk
This isn't minor, but the lack of any relevant equipment grinds my gears to no end.
This isn't about the NCAA series, but the fact that the top half of the E in your avatar still has white in the negative space really irritates me. It should be transparent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »