Home

Passing Game in 14???

This is a discussion on Passing Game in 14??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #17
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Passing Game in 14???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
What is the difference between the Madden passing system and the NCAA passing system? Both games seemed to have the same thing last year imo.
I am sitting here wondering the same thing because even though I didn't buy NCAA 13, I remember the new "throwing a receiver open" being in the NCAA 13 demo.

Also I want to see how foot planting/locomotion effect receivers being able to get to adjusted passes in NCAA 14/M25 versus last year's games. Hopefully it footplanting/locomotion isn't completely nullified when receivers instantly adjust to the left stick/ball placement.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Passing Game in 14???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
The only thing Fevers system needed was a tweak in the speed of the cursor. It was just a tad too slow. Otherwise it worked great. Throwing anywhere you wanted was great.
Then the other option in Fever was you picked the WR then sould lead either direction or throw high/low etc..
Of course they still had the X for X WR system like in Madden.

It gave you many passing options, something I wish EA would do.
I didn't like the visual cursor in NFL Fever, even though I think that system is the most realistically free to throw the pass anywhere, one to date. If a system like that was put into a football game again, I would prefer a mechanic where the Users game play view "zooms in" on the spot they are targeting instead of a visual cursor. With the new consoles having the touch screens, they could have an option to display the zoomed target area on that screen, which could be used for User v User on the same console or whenever if someone wants to still maintain the whole view of the field on their tv.

In the meantime I just wish EA football would add something simple like this.

This basics of it is, in NBA2k13 there are ratings for accuracy while the "sweet spot" of the release determines how close to that player's max accuracy or rating, the User has on any given shot. Now translate that over to football for targeting receivers, including having the signature throwing motions for each QB, varying their "sweet spot" like the basketball games does with signature shot motions.

This also is a good way to implement the same system basketball games use to allow defensive pressure, not just direct contact, to effect the accuracy of shots, into the passing game. That way less AWR/composed QBs can have their accuracy effected by defenders bearing down on them and collapsing the pocket, without them having to actually make contact, so defensive pressure matters, not just sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »