Home

Passing Game in 14???

This is a discussion on Passing Game in 14??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Passing Game in 14???

Does anyone know if the passing game in 14 has changed compared to 13?

Or does the new infinity engine change the passing game? I hope so, cause last year passing was too accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Passing Game in 14???

I hope so. I remember last year before they announced the details, they said they were gonna revamp the passing game.

Then after they released the passing game playbook. I was like "is this it? There has to be more info." Because really they didn't even change much at all.

It needs so much more work. And it prolly won't get it. Because I their minds they fixed it.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I'm really hoping they get the Madden precision passing in NCAA this year but I've not read anything about it so I doubt it. I hate how in Madden I can lead, underthrow, overthrow, etc to specific players and the game responds to it but that's simply not available in NCAA.

And I know you may think "well that'd make passing easier wouldn't it?" Not really, it makes it a bit more unpredictable in fact since you can control the pass better you sometimes do stupid things with it and thus end up missing your WR and/or throwing interceptions.

The best way to really help the passing game is bring in the Madden system IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm really hoping they get the Madden precision passing in NCAA this year but I've not read anything about it so I doubt it. I hate how in Madden I can lead, underthrow, overthrow, etc to specific players and the game responds to it but that's simply not available in NCAA.

And I know you may think "well that'd make passing easier wouldn't it?" Not really, it makes it a bit more unpredictable in fact since you can control the pass better you sometimes do stupid things with it and thus end up missing your WR and/or throwing interceptions.

IMO what would be even better than that would be a trigger system. Where you lead your receiver with the left stick and pass with the right trigger. That way you could place the ball anywhere on the field. And your QBs ratings would determine how close he gets to that mark.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
IMO what would be even better than that would be a trigger system. Where you lead your receiver with the left stick and pass with the right trigger. That way you could place the ball anywhere on the field. And your QBs ratings would determine how close he gets to that mark.
Yeah, they had that in NFL Fever...I loved the idea of it but simply couldn't get it to work. I know LBzrule could though. If they did something like that it'd have to be an option because some of us guys who aren't as good on the sticks simply couldn't use it.

I liked the one they did in NCAA back in 2000 or so on the pS2 where you threw to a spot on the field as an option if you pressed a certain button, it was difficult but I got pretty decent at it. And since it was an option you didn't have to do it each time.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, they had that in NFL Fever...I loved the idea of it but simply couldn't get it to work. I know LBzrule could though. If they did something like that it'd have to be an option because some of us guys who aren't as good on the sticks simply couldn't use it.

I liked the one they did in NCAA back in 2000 or so on the pS2 where you threw to a spot on the field as an option if you pressed a certain button, it was difficult but I got pretty decent at it. And since it was an option you didn't have to do it each time.
Yeah, I'm with you I thought the idea was great. But it felt to clunky on NFL fever.

I don't have a problem with icon passing at all. I just want to be able to place the ball where I want. I've thrown many ints because I see open field and throw the ball only for it to not be far enough in front and it be picked off.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

What is the difference between the Madden passing system and the NCAA passing system? Both games seemed to have the same thing last year imo.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

They worked on passing last year, that should last us another five years til they work on it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »