Home

Why Bother Switching?

This is a discussion on Why Bother Switching? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
Why Bother Switching?

!) I've seen some photos and some video proof of the new features for the upcoming NCAA 14.

2) As an international fan of the series and College Football itself I look forward to the new features gameplay as well as new players going into the game platform.

3) This year I'm a bit soso about the new game coming out in a couple of months. The photos don't really help my feeling on the game it still looks like the crowds are the same and that arcadyish feeling of it.

4) This year will recruiting still be the same if so I believe that they should've kept the recruiting style from NCAA 11 and the one thing I am looking forward to in the game is finally being able to turn on Neutral Sites.

5) This year with the new next generation consoles coming out I start to wonder now that NCAA/EA have announced that the BCS will stay in the game for upcoming years it disappoints me since I was looking forward to the "College Football Playoff" and maybe the possibility of the next generation consoles bringing back the schools that aren't in the game Examples Appalachian State/FAMU.

Those are my thoughts on the upcoming NCAA Football 14 game what's yours?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Why Bother Switching?

1 - i don't put much stock in the vids and photos that are posted this early. either they are an early build (or just bare bones copy from prior year), or from some angle that's so unrealistic i don't even care to see it. if/when they release some pics/vids with actual gameplay from the angles we'll see/use in the game, then i'll be really interested. until then, doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

2 - cool. i am looking forward to those as well.

3 - if the gameplay and presentation items they are hyping are actually as good as they say, it will be a pretty good game, imo. sure, there's still a lot of work to do (ol/dl interactions, db/wr fighting, true physics across the board, some sliding, ball size, feild size, wind socks, etc.), but they've seemed to focus in the right direction and on the right things this year. if they implement them correctly is still to be seen.

4 - i didn't get 13, but we won't know for sure about recruiting until mid/late may (the dynasty playbook). i think there's pretty strong evidence that they made some kind of significant changes to recruiting (the wvu coaches article), but we won't find out about them until dynasty, i don't think.

5 - again, ea seems to be heading in the right direction going into the next gen. some good (on paper) improvements this year so far. clearly not done, and we all have big items we hope are coming on next gen (fbs, 85 man rosters, playoff, new player models, better sidelines, etc.) but at least there's a glimmer of hope with the direction they've taken this year.

also need to hope that, whatever the outcome of the lawsuit, it doesn't kill this game.

overall, i like what they've done so far, at least the direction they are headed (hope it's been implemented well). i didn't get last year, which was the first time since before it was called ncaa football.

i'm an offline dynasty/sim player, so those are the big things for me. still waiting on the biggest set of info, imo (dynasty).
Old 04-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why Bother Switching?

I'm like the poster above in that I play offline dynasty. I focus on that exclusively, and have for over 10 years.

I want the meat of the game to be done right. I have never touched online multiplayer, dorm rooms, road to glory, etc. I just grind on multiple seasons of a dynasty, year after year. Presentation and atmosphere are bonuses to me, and hasn't and will not affect my decision to purchase. A halftime show only gets me interested if it somehow incorporates player stats and standout performances.

I will be getting '14, and I would say that I'm most eager to see the effects of whatever the Infinity physics that Madden employs. I haven't played Madden since '05, so I anticipate a noticeable difference in physics and player interaction, hopefully for the good.

The singular feature that has me the most excited, is the inclusion of fatigue/stamina meters and the return of the speed burst. One of the things I enjoy the most out of my dynasties are building a team and managing its depth. Players that gas out quicker suits me because it will mean that roster depth is more important. Plus it will force me to be less dependent on bread & butter plays, which I am guilty of abusing. I must diversify.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »