Home

NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #33
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
It really pisses me off in this video where Ben talks about uniforms and says the 2 things they added was base layers and.... GLOVES?!?!? Seriously wtf? How do you have your art department spend time on the gloves for when teams celebrate with their hands together, but ignore the fact that cleats are a major part of the new uniforms??? We can't even get Oregon with the yellow on the cleats but at least they have an O on the gloves. Pretty much sums up the NCAA Football team.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #34
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
this is NOT the sights and sounds thread. This is the skills trainer thread which has NOTHING to do with cleats.
It has something to do with cleats when he goes and talks about uniforms and gloves. If they're gonna keep talking about the uniforms, then the fact that they ignore the cleats will continue to get brought up. Unlike EA, we don't just act like these things only exist when we want them to.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #35
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Does EVERY thread that includes something new have to come back to cleats and helmets?!?!? Why can't there be just ONE thread that introduces a new feature without someone chiming in about cleats and helmets? Why can't we just discuss the new skills trainer and spitball about what it's going to include or if it's going to be in dynasty in this thread and that's it? Is that too much to ask?

I understand you guys really, really want these things, but seriously, EVERY thread?
I had forgotten that OS has an ignore feature ( click on their name and select "ignore user"). I imagine there aren't that many of these "cleat" guys that'll need to be ignored and its already making these threads WAAAAAY less of a pain in the *** to read.

It's nice in a browser as it deletes their post and just has their name and says you can't see their post because they're ignored, but it's absolutely gorgeous in tapatalk as it removes everything and you have no indication whatsoever of their post.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 05-01-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #36
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 14 Presentation Video with Ben Haumiller Introduces Skills Trainer

What the heck, why only like 10secs of the video mentioned Skills Trainer. They need to change the title of this video because it really didn't have much to do with the Skills Trainer feature.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #37
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
but it's absolutely gorgeous in tapatalk as it removes everything and you have no indication whatsoever of their useless post.
Oh the irony

ANYWAYS... pretty strange in a presentation video that Ben doesn't talk about the Presentation but does talk about uniforms. Would have expected some talk about David Pollack or the 2 songs they added for the crowd, not talk about Oregon having an O on their gloves. It says he introduces Skills Trainer but he talks about it for 10-15 seconds and we never get a glimpse of this Nike Facility that was built. I've never understood why they get so excited over these practice facilities they build each year. It used to just be some outside, grass practice field. Then we had an indoor facility. Now some Nike facility. They all do the same thing. None of them add anything better than the other.

I've never understood why EA hasn't taken more advantage of the ESPN brand. Why limit it to strictly ESPN when ESPN2 & ESPN U are all a part of the ESPN brand and could add variety simply by having a somewhat different presentation to them so it didn't feel like every game was on the same channel. On the next gen of systems I hope they expand to this and even add more broadcast teams to help add a unique experience depending on which channel your game is on. That was a Saturday Night Primetime game on ESPN won't feel the same as a 1pm Conference USA game on ESPN U.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 05-01-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Oh the irony

ANYWAYS... pretty strange in a presentation video that Ben doesn't talk about the Presentation but does talk about uniforms. Would have expected some talk about David Pollack or the 2 songs they added for the crowd, not talk about Oregon having an O on their gloves. It says he introduces Skills Trainer but he talks about it for 10-15 seconds and we never get a glimpse of this Nike Facility that was built. I've never understood why they get so excited over these practice facilities they build each year. It used to just be some outside, grass practice field. Then we had an indoor facility. Now some Nike facility. They all do the same thing. None of them add anything better than the other.

I've never understood why EA hasn't taken more advantage of the ESPN brand. Why limit it to strictly ESPN when ESPN2 & ESPN U are all a part of the ESPN brand and could add variety simply by having a somewhat different presentation to them so it didn't feel like every game was on the same channel. On the next gen of systems I hope they expand to this and even add more broadcast teams to help add a unique experience depending on which channel your game is on. That was a Saturday Night Primetime game on ESPN won't feel the same as a 1pm Conference USA game on ESPN U.
Man I feel this post so much, EA football games seems to lack enough passion and imagination most the time. This year listening to Christian Mcleod about presentation was the most passionate and imaginative I have heard for NCAA football, he really seemed into it. Most of the stuff they do, talk about, hype, comes across like they are just doing their job, not that they are passionate about recreating football in these games.

I hope this all stems from the mistakes and limitations of this console gen and we can expect more depth, as well as nuance on the new consoles.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

In the next gen consoles hopefully they will revolutionize with the ESPN brand. Seeing how Madden was able to recreate Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in the booth then I don't see any reason why EA could not bring in a life like gameday presentation into the game modes such as dynasty and play now. In dynasty, after you are done with the week's preparation, you begin you're college football saturday with the crew from gameday as they highlight key games in your conference and around the top 25. Some may find this idea would take up alot of time but I think it would give gamers that college football feel that we really want out of the franchise.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:15 PM   #40
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMrAngryEyesxX
In the next gen consoles hopefully they will revolutionize with the ESPN brand. Seeing how Madden was able to recreate Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in the booth then I don't see any reason why EA could not bring in a life like gameday presentation into the game modes such as dynasty and play now. In dynasty, after you are done with the week's preparation, you begin you're college football saturday with the crew from gameday as they highlight key games in your conference and around the top 25. Some may find this idea would take up alot of time but I think it would give gamers that college football feel that we really want out of the franchise.
I'm on the other end of the spectrum as I would rather see them spend more time working on the commentary itself that what the commentators look like in game.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »