Home

WR/DB jumpballs

This is a discussion on WR/DB jumpballs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
WR/DB jumpballs

Will this ever get fixed? Does easports realize that most deep balls end up as jumpballs? Very rarely do I see a college qb hit his man in stride, with a DB on his back, 40-50 yards downfield. I see a lot of guys wide open as a result of blown coverages, and balls are usually underthrown and they get tackled after the catch. If a WR has a DB near him though its usually a jump ball. A lot of times the receiver will sell out and not land on his feet. The only few times I've seen a jumpball on NCAA, my receiver catches it, spins out of a tackle from the CB, breaks a tackle from the safety, and takes it 15 more yards to the house.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WR/DB jumpballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccutiger
Will this ever get fixed? Does easports realize that most deep balls end up as jumpballs? Very rarely do I see a college qb hit his man in stride, with a DB on his back, 40-50 yards downfield. I see a lot of guys wide open as a result of blown coverages, and balls are usually underthrown and they get tackled after the catch. If a WR has a DB near him though its usually a jump ball. A lot of times the receiver will sell out and not land on his feet. The only few times I've seen a jumpball on NCAA, my receiver catches it, spins out of a tackle from the CB, breaks a tackle from the safety, and takes it 15 more yards to the house.
That's weird because I have no problem throwing a deep route to a receiver in stride. I have to use precision passing to put the ball in front of him, but it works. Now, if you wait and throw the ball 5 seconds after the snap, then it will be a jump ball because your QB can not throw it 80 yards down field.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
That's weird because I have no problem throwing a deep route to a receiver in stride. I have to use precision passing to put the ball in front of him, but it works. Now, if you wait and throw the ball 5 seconds after the snap, then it will be a jump ball because your QB can not throw it 80 yards down field.
I don't think you understood his post at all. He said that in the video game you can do exactly what you just said you do, but that rarely happens in real life.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

i really wish they would work on endzone fade routes but noooooo they dont have a clue on how those work. They are too focused on the run game this year that is wack
Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't think you understood his post at all. He said that in the video game you can do exactly what you just said you do, but that rarely happens in real life.
Oh, then he is wrong. Check out some Rashad Greene highlights from last year... and that's just one player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
Oh, then he is wrong. Check out some Rashad Greene highlights from last year... and that's just one player.
I'd agree with him. Sure there are some Andrew Lucks and RG3s (his deep passes are the best I've seen in a long while) out there, but I'd say that easily the majority of college QBs don't hit their receivers in stride on deep balls most of the time. I've watched tons of B1G games and I can't think of 1 B1G QB from last year that could.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccutiger
I feel you OP, I passed on a similar sentiment to an EAGC about receivers and defenders never seeming to stumble or fall down after jumping for catches/ints. They said they will be checking for it when they go back to Tiburon.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline....5#post-1329710
Old 05-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'd agree with him. Sure there are some Andrew Lucks and RG3s (his deep passes are the best I've seen in a long while) out there, but I'd say that easily the majority of college QBs don't hit their receivers in stride on deep balls most of the time. I've watched tons of B1G games and I can't think of 1 B1G QB from last year that could.
I think it happens more often than people remember. Check out the 35 second mark of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOHzhDdbm8s

That said, for the situation where under throws do happen there needs to be an improved fight for the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »