Home

Asthetics that need addressed for 2014!

This is a discussion on Asthetics that need addressed for 2014! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #25
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Asthetics that need addressed for 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkwreck
Unless your playing the game with a magnifying glass you will not notice any facemask bar difference. Helmet yes but wanting this or that bar instead of something that makes the game realistic is stupid. An additional face mask bar is not going to get people to buy the game. So many things need to be added just to add realism before we worry about facemask bars.
Again, what may be dumb to you might be important to someone else. You obviously don't notice things like facemasks but clearly others do or else they wouldn't be asking for it for the last 4 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #26
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Again, what may be dumb to you might be important to someone else. You obviously don't notice things like facemasks but clearly others do or else they wouldn't be asking for it for the last 4 years.
Ya but what's that say about how high on EA's priority list. Not that high an I mean you can like that stuff all you want but far as core gameplay an such it effects nothing but looks.

Like I said though I can understand why that stuff is important. But I mean think about it Ncaa doesn't sell a whole lot an unless your coming up with new ideas to sell to new customers then your not gonna get more sells other than the hardcore fans you already got.

If a someone looks on the back of the game an you either see

A. All New Equipment! Now look better than ever

Or

B. All New Physics Engine! Most realistic gameplay to date!

What one is most likely to seal the deal an pull in the sell? I do agree though its been a long time coming for that kinda stuff but I think that's how EA looks at it
Old 05-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #27
Pro

movethechains11's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I'm obviously in the majority. Not saying that these face masks you guys want shouldn't be in but there are far more serious problems EA sports continues to ignore
Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

Whats important to you is all relative to your perspective. In my OP I said that the gameplay is another issue and #1. Im addressing this issue with detail to show how many things are missing because this has been an unresolved issue for 4 years now. 4 YEARS NOW, I gave them the benefit of the doubt for too long and now there is no excuse for it when the vast majority of College Football players use the equipment mentioned in the OP. I agree that there are things that need addressed throughout the game but I created this thread to address this issue. Honestly Im pretty happy that they "fixed" the run blocking, screen pass blocking, and added the physics engine. I used "fixed" loosely cuz I hope it actually works better then '13. I could go on about things like most you fella's out there but this is an aesthetics thread.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #29
Rookie

CyHawk's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I'm obviously in the majority. Not saying that these face masks you guys want shouldn't be in but there are far more serious problems EA sports continues to ignore
To us the facemasks, socks, etc. are the serious problems.
NBA: Chris Paul

Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #30
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Unless your playing the game with a magnifying glass you will not notice any facemask bar difference. Helmet yes but wanting this or that bar instead of something that makes the game realistic is stupid. An additional face mask bar is not going to get people to buy the game. So many things need to be added just to add realism before we worry about facemask bars.
People like me complain because they add facemasks that are incredibly rare(bulldog, ION 3bar), but they leave out a particular mask worn by literally 2/3 of College QB's. You may not notice, but every cut scene in NCAA football usually starts with a close up of the QB. It's important to many people who notice the details. I agree gameplay is more important. But people have the right to complain when they don't add something so popular and common, but give us items literally no one uses.

I edit rosters and spend hours upon hours google image searching every player for equipment and body types. I can tell you that the ION 3 bar mask they added last year was ONLY worn by 2 players i could find in FBS. Silas Redd wore it at Penn State(switched to revSpeed 2 bar ironically when he went to USC), and Cody Green of Tulsa. That's it. Two players. The RevSpeed 2 bar mask is seriously worn by nearly 2/3 of QB's in all of FBS, not to mention hundreds of WR's, P/K''s, and even some DB's. It's more of a principle.... add what is popular for realism.

Edit: I said it earlier. We don't expect all gameplay issues to be perfect. That's incredibly difficult to come close to doing. But if I'm making a videogame, and I know not everything can be perfect, I should make damn sure that PARTS of the game are close to perfect. Equipment or Aesthetics by default are much easier things to do than gameplay issues..... and it's not even the same people working on the two separate issues.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 05-30-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #31
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyHawk
To us the facemasks, socks, etc. are the serious problems.
Ya but to the majority it's not

Its probably like a

10% vs 90% when it comes to that stuff. Again that's why I think EA seems to ignore it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #32
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

Not trying to be a prick, but I see you post on here a lot. You have Gymnastics spelled wrong. I've noticed this for a few weeks now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »