Home

Would you Bewilling to wait 2 years for a new game?

This is a discussion on Would you Bewilling to wait 2 years for a new game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Would you Bewilling to wait 2 years for a new game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazzman
Ask anyone who has worked in a newspaper environment or similar, people make their deadlines (more or less) and if you give them more time, they'll do something else with that time. You get the same thing either way.
Apples and oranges, can't compare video game designing and article writing. There are always bugs in games, more time means more time to fix them, to fully develop features, etc. look at how unpolished and unfinished mass effect 3 felt compared to the first two where EA gave them a tighter deadline, or KOTOR 2 when MS told obsidian it needed to be out in a year. You really think rockstar delayed gta v and isn't improving it at all and it will be the same product if not delayed?

News paper writers have more than one project at a time, they are always thinking of the next one; a development team has ONE job to focus on, NCAA team doesn't have to worry about say madden or FIFA.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #18
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Heck no. NCAA is my fix for before and after the real CFB season.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #19
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

While I am already on a self imposed wait 2 years purchasing plan, I wonder how much would really be gained by EA taking a year off from a release. They don't build the game from ground up each year. It is an on going process that started 6+ years ago. They probably already have projects that are in development that might take two years until it actually makes it into the game.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I actively want to wait two years. It's obvious EA can't make a quality product with less time, so why buy an obviously inferior compromise?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also, presentation means nothing if gameplay isn't precise.

Dreadlocks and socks? Make the game play well first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
While I am already on a self imposed wait 2 years purchasing plan, I wonder how much would really be gained by EA taking a year off from a release. They don't build the game from ground up each year. It is an on going process that started 6+ years ago. They probably already have projects that are in development that might take two years until it actually makes it into the game.
The problem is, how long do they get to truly develop, 9 months? If you want to add gameplay, presentation, AI, dynasty features, etc, that is a lot of stuff. And you're spreading out priorities and nothing gets a lot of focus and you become a jack of all trades and a master of none. Double that development time, less bugs, more time to fully develop features etc. Each development cycle, you waste resources starting up and shutting down, fixing things from last year, which 1 fix can cause a chain reaction of problems. That is why we don't see a lot of huge changes year to year
Old 05-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

The sarcastic side of me wants to simply say, "I've been waiting for 6-7 years for a decent NCAA game, what's another 2?" That's not fair to the discussion.

Yeah, if it meant a better playing game, yeah I would wait two years. Roster and uniform updates should be DLC, say $10.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

How long was the Dev cycle on the PS2 or original XBOX? Just go back to that project plan. Spring drills? Heisman mode? 1AA (FCS) Schools? Real momentum? Deep yet not laborious dynasty and recruiting? Option football? All were really good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »