Home

In Game Saves

This is a discussion on In Game Saves within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
In Game Saves

Have we heard any info yet as to whether or not they added In Game Saves this year? Really no reason in 2013 for you not to be able to save a game in the middle of the action and pick up later. People live busy lives and don't always have time to sit down for a full game. With the amount of time it takes week to week in a dynasty to recruit, edit player equipment, depth charts, whatever you like to do, basically all that stuff they put in dynasty mode that they want you to use. And then you go play a game and if you like to play anywhere from 10-12 min or if you like to be 100% real, 15 min... that can take you anywhere from an hour to longer to play one game. They add cutscenes, pregame, halftime stuff because they want you to watch those things. Well after you see them a couple times you just skip them because you're in a rush to get on with the game and get it over. You might be more inclined to watch those things if you didn't feel the need to complete the game for it to count.

I'd actually go from strongly not considering to strongly consider buying the game no matter how happy I am with the rest if they had in game saves. I don't want to have to spend an hour to 2 hours on this game. If I can save when I get tired, pick up the next night, i'd be more inclined to play it more. That's a big reason I play NBA 2k & MLB the Show year round.

That's a recycled feature I would be happy to see as a little bullet point on the back of the box. I haven't seen or heard anything yet but I also haven't been following news on this game daily like I used to when I was a kid. So has there been any news on this?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
I couldn't agree more. Anyone who works, has kids etc, needs, not wants, in game saves. Doubt its going to happen jersey, it makes to much sense. This has been a feature that would allow more flexibility in dynasty mode. I really don't have an hour to dedicate to any game.

Last edited by michigan21; 05-12-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: In Game Saves

I absolutely agree. I had to quit my OD game yesterday because a friend called me wanting to go to lunch so it says I have "two restarts" under my name where the other people in the OD may think I quit a game because I was losing.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 05-12-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #4
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Great thread. I do not accept any excuse for not having in game saves. This is the year 2013 for crying out loud! I'll still buy the game but we need in game saves.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0
Game saves should be mandatory. Another reason why I love MLB The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2013, 02:18 AM   #6
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I read somewhere that the PS4 will have in game saves for all games. It won't be up to the developer. Seems silly that it might take that for us to finally get saves back.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:36 AM   #7
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

You get a call from an old flame and she says she misses you and wants to see you in an hr. Your place is a wreck and you're halfway through a game in your online dynasty with 10 min quarters. What do you do?

You're married with 2 kids and you and the wife have busy schedules. The kids are gone with family for the first time in a month. Your wife was asleep in the bedroom and you decided to get a game in. You're in the middle of an OD fighting for a conference title. Your wife comes out in some lingerie smelling like heaven and you haven't had any 'get right' time in 2 weeks. What do you do?

Grown men need in game saves...
Old 05-13-2013, 04:52 AM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

did u guys ever consider pausing the game and leaving your system on and coming back to it later? that's what I do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »