Home

Injuries Slider

This is a discussion on Injuries Slider within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
Rookie

Seeker7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Injuries Slider

Most injuries occur to when a players fatigue gets high and they get a hard hit.

The only solution I've found is going into each QB, RB, TE, and WR and raising their individual injury and stamina ratings to 100. Then if you want, also go into each other players injury rating and lower it to 50 or less.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker7
Most injuries occur to when a players fatigue gets high and they get a hard hit.

The only solution I've found is going into each QB, RB, TE, and WR and raising their individual injury and stamina ratings to 100. Then if you want, also go into each other players injury rating and lower it to 50 or less.
Or you could sub out players at 65%. Most players want to keep their stars in the game, but subbing really needs to be a bigger part of NCAA.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
Or you could sub out players at 65%. Most players want to keep their stars in the game, but subbing really needs to be a bigger part of NCAA.
I've read from (a lot of) people that complain about injuries being too often and severe, but I rarely have guys get injured and wish it happened more often. I'm guessing the reason I don't see it as often is because I keep my guys fresh, even though I'm a no huddle spread option guy.

I always go 4 deep @ HB and 6 deep @ WR. I use formation subs to get my #3 and #4 HBs in the game and I use package subs for my #2 HB. I have a few formations where I have my #5 and #6 WRs in the game (or sometimes #4 and #5 if I'm not deep). I do this so my guys don't get tired (since I run a no huddle). Any time my HB is orange, he's taken out. Anytime my WRs are orange, I switch to a formation with WR subs in it. When my QB gets orange I'll either only call a designed HB run or a passing play (so he won't get hit) or I'll call a wildcat play to get him off the field to rest him. (1 of my QBs in my Michigan dynasty only had about an 80 STAMINA rating and that dude got winded so easily it was ridiculous and I had to give him lots of breathers).

I'd bet that my constant manual subbing (with formation/package subs) and my fairly liberal substitution (sub in/out) settings are what keeps my guys from getting injured very often. The only guys that see the field when their orange are my O-line (as I don't like to sub them out with sub in/out settings) and my LBs/DBs. My D-line gets frequent subs too (especially against no huddle teams) with my liberal sub settings and the "Dline Sub" package sub which I'll use most of the time that anyone on my D-line gets orange.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is exactly what I do ^ and i rarely have injuries.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
This is exactly what I do ^ and i rarely have injuries.
The issue here is we shouldn't have to use an elaborate workaround to do this. Sliders by position groups and better options on sub in/out would be a much better solution for most.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
The issue here is we shouldn't have to use an elaborate workaround to do this. Sliders by position groups and better options on sub in/out would be a much better solution for most.
I don't understand why this is an elaborate workaround. It's simply resting tired players so they don't get hurt.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't understand why this is an elaborate workaround. It's simply resting tired players so they don't get hurt.
Because he is using both formation subs and package subs to spread the work - instead of using those to put the players on the field that best fit those packages. We should be able to just set the positional sub in/out and have it sufficient to avoid significant injury risk but it is ineffective at best as the game wears on.

And all of this doesn't change the fact that you rarely get a player hurt w/o a ball in their hand (and sometimes making the tackle).

Fatigue should have a much bigger impact on your players effectiveness than it does (and hopefully will this year) with a much tuned down impact on injury risk for skill players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormisbruin
This definitely needs to be a thing. I've had injuries turned off for as long as I can remember. Not because I don't want the challenge of my second-string guy coming in and making an impact, I would love that, but because I was sick to death of 15 injuries in the first quarter.
I turn them off because of the low roster sizes....if we had proper size rosters it would be a lot more manageable for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »