Home

Re-Do How Transfers are Handled

This is a discussion on Re-Do How Transfers are Handled within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
Again, this is exactly how this happens in '13. When you try to talk a guy to stay, it takes recruiting time from Week 1 of off-season recruiting.
That's how it worked in previous NCAA games. It doesn't work like that in '13.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 05-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #18
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Re-Do How Transfers are Handled

Really? I haven't had a guy transfer from me in awhile, but I was almost positive that was still the case.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #19
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Really? I haven't had a guy transfer from me in awhile, but I was almost positive that was still the case.
Haven't played 13 in a while but it's pitches now 'I.e. will throw 200 passes, will get 200 rushes, etc' now instead of time. And also the OP was talking about recruiting transfers from other schools to come to your school, not talking your current players into staying. Which, was broken iirc with players transferring for playing time almost never being convinced to stay and players leaving for the draft always staying. Hopefully that's fixed.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just want them to fix players leaving, which is objectively broken.

The problem is two-fold:

1. Players transferring for more playing time IRL typically wait to see how the offseason pans out (training/improvement, depth chart reshuffling) before leaving. In the game, they do this at the end of actual season so that you can attempt to compensate with the last five weeks of recruiting. But this has made for some nonsensical transfers. I've had a freshman WR transfer who was 6th on the depth chart the previous year (behind 4 graduating seniors) because he wanted more playing time. Logically, he would've been in direct contention for a starting spot the year he chose to transfer. His transfer made no sense. When you try to explain this to them via "promises", then problem #2 happens...

2. The promises don't work for transferring players. They just plain don't work. I understand if they didn't work a majority of the time because a player has made up his mind, but they NEVER work. Even when the situation I mentioned above happened, and the promise made sense to convince the player to stay. On the other hand, convincing a player leaving for the draft is convinced to stay almost every single time! And all you have to use is the "tell player he will not regret coming back" promise and it works every time. I think its to convince them to stay for their degree, but IRL, a lot of r-Jr's have their degrees (since they have been there 4 years. Some get their degree in 3 years!.

In short, they need to change when players decide to transfer for playing time, and make it so some players get their degrees before their senior year of eligibility to make players leaving for the draft harder to convince to stay.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #21
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
This is exactly what happens now in 13...

It is, I just added one or two more reasons for leaving

A) I don't even know if this is right. B) It sounds like a major pain in the *** to go through every team looking for people to transfer to your school.

It wouldn't be; At least the way I would handle it is there would be a separate tab for transfers. Realistically, most schools only lose or gain a few players, so it wouldn't be too bad

Again, this is exactly how this happens in '13. When you try to talk a guy to stay, it takes recruiting time from Week 1 of off-season recruiting.
I was thinking you would get 3 hours/week during offseason recruiting devoted only to transfers. In previous games, transfers just randomly picked your school, here, you would need to recruit them if you wanted any.

10 char
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »