Home

Official Wishlist Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Wishlist Thread... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2003, 07:21 PM   #57
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official Whishlist Thread...

Quote:

Maybe this one hasn't been suggested yet?
The ability to 'contact' or 'show interest' in a prospect while recruiting, without offering a scholarship. Sometimes I see prospects I'd like to show interest in but haven't got a scholarship open. This way it's like getting on the prospect's radar and letting him know that if a scholarship opens up, it's his (so please don't sign with another team just yet!).

Although I think recruiting should be made harder to do and not easier, I thought this would be cool to be able to do.

This is a great idea! It's terrible to miss out on a couple of prospects in the last 2 weeks especially if they are at positions that have a quota that you need to fill. I'm frequently stuck with walk-on FB,SS,and MLB because I can't get many recruits interested and then I lose out on all my targets in week 4 and have no one that I've made any contact with going into wk 5. It's also a great aspect of real recruiting. Just like real recruting, coaches talk to a lot of prospects who never get an offer unless a top target gets taken off the board.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:47 AM   #58
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Official Wishlist Thread...

In a perfect world:

-gang tackles
-in game save
-more player editing options (knee braces, physique changes like the size of their belly etc...)
-expand the 55 man roster
-expand the defensive and offensive playbooks
-edit classifications
-post season tournament option
-weather effects like bad footing, splashes, slides, slips, and field deterioration
-more animations in general including cut scenes
-chain gang
-better celebrations and retune the commentary
-dogpiles and scrums on short yardage and fumbles
-more on field emotion from the players.....maybe some pushing/shoving or facemask grabbing (there could be an aggressiveness attribute to increase the liklihood of a player being scrappy)

That's all for now.....I know none of this will get added
Old 12-25-2003, 09:49 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

My idea on prestige ranking ......

Seperate prestige rankings based on short term performance , team history and conference prestige should create an overall prestige ranking . I am sick of getting 10 years into dynasty and seeing teams from small confrences turn into powerhouse teams . I like building up small programs but it shouldn't happen over 3 years . You can take Florida A&M , put them in as a 1A independant and have a juggernaut team in no time at all .

A cumulative prestige taking including history and conference would make it easier to rebuild a sorry Big Ten team into a contender and still make it possible to build up small conference teams , but to be legitimate yearls title contenders you should need to be in a major conference. Of course , slowly fluctuating conference prestige would be fun too .

I also want to see an improved running game , rotating conference schedules ..... umm ....

Editing CPU coaches could be fun , and CPU coaching changes . Being able to set up recruiting tendencies for CPU recruiting as well .

How about being able to have more than 117 teams in play ? THen you could add created an 1AA teams without losing 1A teams . And then how about create-a-conference and create-a-bowl game ?

Playmaker control .

And of course CPU teams changing conferences.

I think that's all for now ......
Old 12-25-2003, 03:38 PM   #60
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Also:
1. More national title teams. Where is 1967 and 1978 USC???
2. Throw back unis for games. Oklahoma's were sweet this year vs. North Texas
3. Ability to update facities in you dynasty
4. academic ineligibilty (If you recurit a kid with a 2.0, He should have some trouble staying eligble)
5. again Tommy Trojan please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Create-A-Bowl game feature. C'mon Burbon Bowl
7. All Star game; They had Blue-Grey on NCAA 98,99, 2000. Bring it back and some others too
8. High school allstar games like on March Madness
Old 12-26-2003, 07:41 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 9

GET RID OF THE STUPID LEFT AND RIGHT DESIGNATIONS!!!!

No player is ever recruited as a "right end" or a "left guard." EA needs to finally dump the stupid left and right designations and just have positions like OT, OG, DE, and OLB. Thank goodness they still don't have right & left cornerbacks like they did on PS1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2003, 12:50 AM   #62
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

cdawg44 said:
Also:
1. More national title teams. Where is 1967 and 1978 USC???
2. Throw back unis for games. Oklahoma's were sweet this year vs. North Texas
3. Ability to update facities in you dynasty
4. academic ineligibilty (If you recurit a kid with a 2.0, He should have some trouble staying eligble)
5. again Tommy Trojan please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Create-A-Bowl game feature. C'mon Burbon Bowl
7. All Star game; They had Blue-Grey on NCAA 98,99, 2000. Bring it back and some others too
8. High school allstar games like on March Madness

Oops I meant the East-West Shrine game
Old 12-27-2003, 11:53 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 12

1. Online leagues -- lot of interest in league play and automated stats would be a big draw. People would pay a nominal fee, like $5-10 per season.

2. Playmakers on defense.

3. Less suction blocking, especially when you blitz CBs they shouldn't be sucked into tackles because the QB drops straight back or steps up. Plus, too many times where the blitzing CBs take such a poor angle that many QBs are just simply able to get outside of the blitzer. Suction blocking combined with over the top pancakes also explain why the option plays off shogtun formations are more effective than they seem to be in real life. A fast QB in shotgun is almost unstoppable. He can't get pressured, he can roll out, he can run, etc. because of suction blocking and poor blitzing angles. Impossible to contain in the pocket.

Suction blocking also really bad on kick and punt returns. Some players online just weave back and forth, side to side, getting more and more tacklers sucked up until the ball carrier can turn the corner.

4. Pancakes are just over the top. There are too many and you get too many instances where one side of the line is just caved under by multiple pancakes on the same play, leading to huge gains. Pancakes seem the main reason why a C team can't compete with an A team.

5. Pass defense needs huge improvements - Safeties are great ballhawks but they can be taken out of plays rather easily, especially in zone by motioning a WR from the other side and hotrouting him right towards the safety (who then remains on the hash).

The fundamental problem is that you either get ints. or completions, not too many passes defended (knocked down). The difference is you lob it up and you have good chance of a completion whereas you drill the ball and the defenders jump the ball more aggressively (counterintuitive because they would have more reaction time for the lobs).

The other part is the pass rush is really poor, compared to Madden (which also has problems with generating consistent rush but not as bad as NCAA), because of suction blocking, pancakes, and poor blitz angles.

Also, the various zone defenses are too similar so there could be better variety, especially better defense against the short outs (cover 2 type of defenses don't cover this pattern as well as you'd expect). The run after catch, especially after those square outs, is way too effective as WRs and even TEs catch those short passes and are able to turn upfield and pull away from defenders a little too easily (big contrast to Madden here).
Old 12-29-2003, 02:52 PM   #64
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

1. have a stadium expansion feature. it's no fun being a powerhouse in a 25,000 seat stadium. or have a feature where you can move your team into a new stadium or dome...which would probably be easier.
2. more than 55 roster limit
3. please get rid of the minimum required for a position. i use a dime defense, so i only need 1 LB. why should i be forced give up atleast 4 scholarships for positions
i don't even use (MLB & OLB)? If a team doesn't have enough players for a position, that that is just his problem. I can see this feature being used for the computer, but not for human users.
4. computer teams can change conferences
5. teams with lower prestige offer you the head coach job
6. more than 1 team can offer you the job during the season. make a list of the job offers, so that you can select which one that you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »