Home

Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interview

This is a discussion on Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interview within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #33
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Could someone explain how the game actually works. It sounds like a card game to me which sounds like you'll play your cards against another's cards. However people keep talking about uniforms, stadiums, and playbooks and I don't understand how that could fit into a card game.
You buy packs of cards, the cards can have stadiums, players, uniforms...

yeah, so the uniforms and stadiums dont do much other than let you decide what you wear, and where you play.

the players on the cards are what make up your roster. So you will basically just play a regular game of NCAA football, but you will have past college players on your roster, these are what the players on the cards are for.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #34
Rookie

davo1021's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: Episode 22 - NCAA Ultimate Team Mode Interv

All of this is sounding amazing. I was expecting a lot less depth to the mode. The only part that worries me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Will be tied to the Skills Trainer. I.E. if you complete the ball hawk tutorial you get Charles Woodson card, screen play-Aaron Hernandez card.
I like challenging UT modes. I want to work up my team. I hate it when Madden just hands out the best cards to people.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #35
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
You buy packs of cards, the cards can have stadiums, players, uniforms...

yeah, so the uniforms and stadiums dont do much other than let you decide what you wear, and where you play.

the players on the cards are what make up your roster. So you will basically just play a regular game of NCAA football, but you will have past college players on your roster, these are what the players on the cards are for.
So you don't actually play your cards against someone else ala Spades or Hearts, but you essentially play an actual "play now" type of NCAA game using all the same controls (IE. hurdling with "Y") and announcers and whatnot, you just get to use the players that you collect?

Essentially this allows you to play NCAA with an all star team of past greats? If so, that sounds pretty cool.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #36
Rookie

smack23011's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe it's just me but I AM NOT EXCITED ABOUT THIS AT ALL!!!!! When you think of Ultimate team in college football you don't think of one single player on a team you think of the whole team. Like the USC Trojans with Matt and Bush or the Sooners that had the 47 game winning streak till they lost to ND. How about adding this new Bama team first back 2 back champs and are dominant! That is a Ultimate Team in college football not this crap. Sigh whatever ill still buy it and just never play it.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #37
Rookie

Lawdawg25's Arena

OVR: 3

Will players have their actual jersey numbers? I.E. Mark Ingram always having #22 no matter where he plays and who else is on the team.

In FUT they just assign them a number 1-11 from what I remember. Always made players not feel like themselves when their numbers weren't right.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #38
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
So you don't actually play your cards against someone else ala Spades or Hearts, but you essentially play an actual "play now" type of NCAA game using all the same controls (IE. hurdling with "Y") and announcers and whatnot, you just get to use the players that you collect?

Essentially this allows you to play NCAA with an all star team of past greats? If so, that sounds pretty cool.
Yep, that's what it is.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #39
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack23011
When you think of Ultimate team in college football you don't think of one single player on a team you think of the whole team. Like the USC Trojans with Matt and Bush or the Sooners that had the 47 game winning streak till they lost to ND. How about adding this new Bama team first back 2 back champs and are dominant! That is a Ultimate Team in college football not this crap. Sigh whatever ill still buy it and just never play it.
CFB is certainly a team game, but you definitely think about the stars. You think of the 97 Wolverines and you think of Charles Woodson. For the '05 Longhorns it's all about Vince Young. While the '10 Tigers had a great defense, it's still all about Cam Newton.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #40
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdawg25
Will players have their actual jersey numbers? I.E. Mark Ingram always having #22 no matter where he plays and who else is on the team.

In FUT they just assign them a number 1-11 from what I remember. Always made players not feel like themselves when their numbers weren't right.
After finding out that there's actually gameplay associated with this mode I searched YouTube for "Madden Ultimate Team gameplay" and found some videos of it. In one I saw some QB that wore #60 and at least a couple of CBs wearing #81 so I'd guess it's just random (which I think really sucks).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »