Home

They HAVE to Beef Up Dynasty

This is a discussion on They HAVE to Beef Up Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: They HAVE to Beef Up Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
I just want 85 man rosters. To me that would add so much...I'm tired of having to cut 10-20 players and offseason bc the CPU automatically signs you close to 25 prospects at the end if offseason recruiting...
If they fixed the CPU signing players for Users you wouldn't have to cut so many players. That's the bigger problem to me. 85 players is about 10 too many. I'm fine with 70, given the ease of recruiting (I'm forced to play with restrictions to make it challenging) and the lack of player injury to linemen. Plus I can play 5 linemen on an up tempo offense and never need to sub. Given those other "problems" adding 15 more players is just going to make the game that much easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #42
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bknutz
If they fixed the CPU signing players for Users you wouldn't have to cut so many players. That's the bigger problem to me. 85 players is about 10 too many. I'm fine with 70, given the ease of recruiting (I'm forced to play with restrictions to make it challenging) and the lack of player injury to linemen. Plus I can play 5 linemen on an up tempo offense and never need to sub. Given those other "problems" adding 15 more players is just going to make the game that much easier.
Well they need to make recruiting way harder..but 85 isn't to manyit's realistic and they fixed the stamina this year so you shouldn't be able to do that

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 05-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan14
Well they need to make recruiting way harder..but 85 isn't to manyit's realistic and they fixed the stamina this year so you shouldn't be able to do that
If the recruiting got harder, and there were more injuries to non skilled players, I could see a need to go above 70. I have to confess, I haven't played 13. I stuck to my guns and didn't buy it. On 12, I can run no huddle and never need backups on the Oline.

Last edited by bknutz; 05-24-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: was/were
Old 05-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #44
Rookie

I want them to go back and put back in all the stuff they took out from the last generation. I think it was NCAA 2006 or something where you could discipline players for doing things like skipping class or being late to practice, it doesn't make the NCAA look bad (I mean not nearly as much as all the real world scandals that continue to make them look like the sports mafia) it in fact makes the NCAA look good because you have to acknowledge character matters in student-athletes. That if they don't keep up their grades they don't get to play. I want to be in control of how much training my team does too, if we have a bye week and a weak opponent after I want to send my guys to train and maybe see some mid-season improvements (another old feature) position battles, spring games, the ability for two users to be the OC and DC of the same team, recruiting updates like NFL 2k used to have for scouting the draft, and I don't give a crap about the graphics improving. I know I may be in the minority for saying that but the gameplay used to be amazing, now I feel like it's taking a backseat.

Okay sorry for that insanely long run on paragraph....got a little carried away.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #45
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknutz
If the recruiting got harder, and there were more injuries to non skilled players, I could see a need to go above 70. I have to confess, I haven't played 13. I stuck to my guns and didn't buy it. On 12, I can run no huddle and never need backups on the Oline.
Agree. I've been at this since 2002, re-building rosters along the way, and the addition of 15 players per roster would be a nightmare for guys who do rosters (approx. 1,875 more players for 125 teams to deal with). I don't see the payoff unless EA adopts new logic for fatigue, injuries, progression, and recruiting in order to make those extra 15 players a real asset.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #46
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

To make dynasty mode better for me consist of three things.

1) Bring back the Spring Game. I loved this in NCAA 05 or 06, when ever we had it. It would gave me something to look forward to during the out of date off season in the game now. I could also have those position battles that you can’t have during the game.

2) Make National Signing Day mean something. This is the equivalent to the draft in Madden. Before national signing day recruits should only offer verbal’s forcing you to keep recruiting them or risk losing those players to another school. Now I can sign an entire class before the season is over making the 5 week off season recruiting a waste. You could have a simple screen of an office with a fax machine on a desk. As offers come through you see the players name and position or something like that. Then you can go into a screen like we currently have to see about players you missed out on. It would add some drama to the off season while making recruiting mean that much more without the recruits giving a hard commit during the season, making them signed. This is really an out of date way of recruiting.

3) Allow us to sign our own staff. I think that one has been covered enough.

On an additional note to #2 I would also like the option to recruit players seeking transfers. Maybe they could list their top 5 schools which if your school is one of those schools you can recruit them. Also it is long over due for medical red shirts, more injuries (maybe a slider like Madden has), and the 85 man roster or I would be happy with 80 because that could be 5 more offensive and 5 more defensive players to develop through red shirting. Also do away with position minimums. I hate having to take up space on my roster for FB’s when I don’t ever use them.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #47
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Looks like everyone has awesome ideas so far. Here are mines..

1) Storylines

I simply think this is the bread & butter of college football altogether. Storylines, Storylines, Storylines. Every week there is something different going on. Its like an on-going movie and I believe if EA can effectivly emulate storylines in game, based on how teams perform, this would turn alot of heads.

2) Presentation

Being that majority of us play Dynasty, playing different teams with the same routine is a slap in the face. Its a drag! Lets switch it up a little bit. Lets add a good ole halftime show featuring actual highlights not just from the game being played, but also games around the country. Have you ever found yourself watching Fox Sports/ESPN or whatever network your going to, and all of a sudden, you get a highlight update from another game. Would make sense.

Also, I could commentate the game myself after playing about a full season. If possible, lets add some different commentator sets. ESPN has 3 sets essentially and some more. It would be nice to have 3 different commentator sets depending on the game. As far as commentators of different networks, that would be something different.

The Spring game is also cool to bring back, but hopefully it just doesnt feel like a round of practice. Have to build it up. Give progress updates on what other Spring Games are on.

3) Recruiting

Althought how it is now is actually kinda fun, it still needs some more dimension to it. Hiring your own coaching staff is great, but still, the head coach should be the main pitch guy/ deal closer. Id like to see the Coaching Staff scout games and bring back highlight tapes. This would give a different aspect to the game and make users more conscience of what they are getting.

Decommits would be useful too. As well as early commits.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #48
Just started!

OVR: 0

here are my things for next gen
first 85 man roster is needed
2nd more position titles for formations
for example
for 3-4 we need strong and weak MLB
for all formations we need LCB and RCB
we need nickle and dime back titles to adjust depth charts
2 DT's - in real life most positions are not interchangeable just like currently have 2 OLB and DE spots

another thing is some schools use 3 DT's on the Dline we shouldnt have big performance drops for changing some positions

next
AD mode needs to be added with the coach stuff
- either start as a AD or go through from coaching to retiring to become a AD
we need a money addition to the game
every team should have a max income
Tennessee, Bama, SEC schools should have the max.
Texas and Oregon should have a max close in 1st tier
OSU penn st michigan should have a max in a 2nd tier
pac 12 schools should have a max in the 3rd tier etc

recruitng budget to be set off of this
hire a agency 3.something mil for a A+ service (nation wide)
1 mil for a agency C+ very local - let just say 200 miles around the state
hiring HC, OC, DC, and position coaches
Strength and conditioning cord

Facility upgrades should be available such as in other sports games
for example Tenn just built the nicest sports complex in the country
so its slider should start out maxed (A+) no need in upgrading it for years, but some schools have crappy complex's (D-) should be able to upgrade based on money available - so if you have saved up some money (you can upgrade to a B+) if you want, or just to a C-.

field surface again a slider/ goes down as it gets worn down and drops from A+ to F... it will look worn out in game if the rating drops and you can pay to have it fixed

equipment upgrades can be added
for extra rehab perks etc

what type of bus or plane taken for road games = cost money

they can add that stuff without even touching the physical schools
TV contracts can be given to the top conferences etc such as the SEC network/ESPN gives the SEC a A+ contract nationally but say sports south can give regional A+ ratings
(this could effect recruiting)

ratings need to be adjusted again...
10-20 players rated 82-87
150 players rated 78-81
250 players rated 75-77
400 players rated 71-75
800 players 67-70
1500 players 60-66

JUCO players
1-5 jr's per year start at 85-92
10-20 start at 82-84
50 at 79-81
200 at 75-78
500 at 70-74
1000 at 65-69

new ratings added back
player styles should be added
for example
a QB could have a running tendency but not be really fast
(for example this QB would go to oregon)
or a fast QB could be a pocket guy with rare running attempts
(for example this QB would not go to oregon)

players leave school based on what type of system a coach is running.
a spread QB running system would make a star pass only QB leave for either pros or transfer

kicker ratings need to be tweaked
for example UT has a kicker that can punt pretty well
he can hit a 50 yard FG but his ball doesnt get high ever which allows blocks at the line often. He also sometimes knuckle balls a kick if the timing is wrong or the ball doesnt get on the ground correctly (this stuff needs to be added)

fatigue
QB's rarely come out of a game even scramblers unless coaches decision
RB are pretty decent right now
WR's rotate a lot
TE's rotate some
OL typically doesnt rotate very much unless the player just gets winded easy

DL rotates
LB's dont rotate often
CB's rotate
S's rotate a little
players shouldnt even have to be fatigued to be auto rotated.
have some players randomly sub in and out
if a team uses multiple RB's have them rotate

spring games need to be added
as well as preseason training

also a couple of HS all-star games wouldn't kill

this is how you can really beef up dynasty without forcing us to watch game tape or playing with recruits like crazy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »