Home

Favorite recruit?

This is a discussion on Favorite recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #25
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Favorite recruit?

awesome stuff! I was worried I would get flamed for making a thread like this glad others have the same experiences. I'll have to start getting some pics if I have anymore recruits like that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 38

Am I the only one that ranks the same caliber of recruits based on how cool I think their name is? Like if I have two four star guys that I only have time for one I will take the guy that has the coolest name.

On that note Jayden Steele is a pretty good name.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #27
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

I had a stable of WRs when I was the head coach of Ole Miss. I can't remember any of their names, but I had three speedsters (acceleration = 95+; sprint speed = 95+) with great hands, and two insanely tall (6'6 and 6'7) and fast (90 sprint speed). I was a nightmare for most teams.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #28
Pro

These two guys are by far the most versatile recruits I've had.

I believe it was NCAA 10, I was using Arkansas State and I had a QB named Cory Nash. In his first year, he passed for 20+ TD's and also rushed for 20 TD's. He's still the only QB I've ever had do that. Then the next year, since I had a pretty good backup QB and I needed help at WR, I went ahead and moved him there since he was pretty good at it anyway. That season he had over 1700 receiving yards and 20 TD's. I've never had a player have 20 passing TD's, 20 rushing TD's and 20 receiving TD's. Unfortunately I left after his junior year though, which I now regret.

The second one is in my current dynasty on NCAA 13. I'm in year 2022 I believe and I'm at LSU. The recruit's name is Trevor Gooden, a speedy HB. His freshman year he was used sparingly on offense, but he did win returner of the year. His sophomore year I expected him to be my #2 HB and still have returning duties. However, my starting HB went down early in the season and wouldn't return until around the conference championship game. Gooden went on to rush for over 1,000 yards and double digit TD's. His junior year I knew I'd have a crowded backfield and I realized he had very good coverage skills, so I decided to move him to FS. He finished the year with 3 INT's on way to becoming a conference All-American. I'm now in his senior year. He only has 1 INT in 4 games, but we haven't played very good teams so he hasn't played as much. He also has 1 punt return TD this season as well.

Not sure if I'll ever have a player like those two again.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #29
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I would have to go in my closet to find the notebooks, but I had two recruits I was very fond of in a dynasty. I created storylines for them in my head lol.

I was the coach at Mississippi State and had turned them into a pretty big contender in the SEC West. The storyline for my coach was he had a rough upbringing and could relate to disenfranchised kids from rough backgrounds. So I made it a routine to try and recruit kids from "rough" areas of the country.

The first big time recruit I got doing that routine was a 6'4 175 lb receiver from California. It was big to land him because he was so far away. In my storyline, he came to Miss State to get away from the gangs and violence of his city/region. Guy was pretty much a Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson type of player. Put up crazy stats. Was gone by his junior season. Loved playing with him and pulling out emotional victories.

The other recruit was a QB that was 99 by his junior season. I've never signed a QB that was a 99 that fast. He was pretty much Peyton Manning with some decent wheels. Won heismans and championships with him. Maybe the only time I've played NCAA and felt like I had a golden boy helping to change the perception of my program.

Unfortunately I don't remember the names of these guys off the top of my head. This was years ago. I haven't been fond of any recruits recently with NCAA.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #30
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

I had a recruit as Central Michigan that was named Paul Anderson. He was a 3* ATH that I converted to QB - he ended up being a 97 OVR as a RS Senior. He had a good arm that was extremely accurate, and the dude could run too. He got hurt a lot, though.

I also had a WR named Corey Sullivan with CMU that ended up being a 97 as well. I think that he brought in 1900 receiving yards his senior year. He had something like 60 career TDs.

They were both franchise-defining players. They helped me take CMU from the MAC to the Big East, and eventually to a national title contender in their senior years. I stopped the dynasty after they left. It just wasn't the same. These guys make the game great for me - I find no joy in taking LSU or someone and pulling in a 5* recruit. Anyone can do that. It's taking these 3* players and having them be great that is actually rewarding.

Last edited by Cubs017; 06-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #31
Rookie

nikka's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Am I the only one that ranks the same caliber of recruits based on how cool I think their name is? Like if I have two four star guys that I only have time for one I will take the guy that has the coolest name.

On that note Jayden Steele is a pretty good name.
i'm the same. no one wants a team full of will williams or steve johnsons
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #32
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I was playing a Colorado dynasty back on NCAA 2004 and I managed to get these two backs at the same time. A speed back named Witherspoon and a power back named Jones. I was unstoppable with those two, if one was having a bad game the other would always pick up the slack. We won the title that year, though tragically they poached so much of each other's stats that neither won individual awards.

I imagine they still hang out together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »