Home

Favorite recruit?

This is a discussion on Favorite recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Favorite recruit?

I have 2.

-I think it was a 3 star 6'0 200 WR I signed with Memphis. Had a 96+ Speed. He was the only weapon I had on team. Was able to break alot of team records.
-This OLB that I inherited from another coach. He had 90+ speed. I was able to get quite a few sacks with him after I did some exotic blitzes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #66
Rookie

Punter1's Arena

OVR: 0

I've had two players that really stood out.
A few years ago I was about 4 or 5 seasons into my dynasty and had built a pretty good team. I had a 5 star D Line man 6'7 and 275 pounds, ho signed with me but would have been sitting a few years before he would see any major action. I changed him to a FB where he started for 3 years before going pro. He ended up braking my school record for most TDs in a career. I drafted him in madden but he never was as good as in collage.
On ncaa 11 I had a running back who seemed unstoppable but was hurt alot, Finally his JR year he started to stay healthy and had a good season. He went pro after his JR year and I drafted him in the fourth round on madden. He really stepped his game up in the pros and broke the rushing record after 11 seasons the next season he retired. This is the only player I've ever had from his first play on field to his last. I don't think I'll ever get a chance to do that again.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #67
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
Erik Samuel. 4* MLB, 6'3" 262lbs.

Was playing as WVU at the time, and valued having speed along the front 3 over size so moved him to DT where he redshirted his first year. Long story short, he left college as a 2 time all-American, 98 overall, 96 strength, 91 speed DT. He was 278 when he graduated. White guy too.

Which game was this on?

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #68
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Kinda shows how messed up the ratings are in this game when pretty much everyone uses the speed rating to describe how great their recruit was. In real life it would be like 'this linebacker was always around the ball he had great instincts and amazing strength' but on here its like 'he had 90+ speed!'.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #69
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

So true. This ties into my issue with putting speed threshold at zero in most of the big slider sets. If that was the case in real life cornerbacks would all be blazing fast. A lot of players use more than pure speed to excel

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #70
Rookie

3fiddy's Arena

Those fast guys don't do wht the coach says , they have to do wht we say
Old 06-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #71
Rookie

Punter1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Kinda shows how messed up the ratings are in this game when pretty much everyone uses the speed rating to describe how great their recruit was. In real life it would be like 'this linebacker was always around the ball he had great instincts and amazing strength' but on here its like 'he had 90+ speed!'.
Very true my running back had speed of 98 and acc of 99 pretty much unstoppable. That was NCAA 11 last year I found a nice slider set and hope to find one close to it again this tear. It makes a world of difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »