Home

NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode Articles From Around the Web

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode Articles From Around the Web within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #49
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 14 Dynasty Mode Articles From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKjersey53
Was hoping for a spring game or practices before the season. It'd be nice to actually use my new recruits in a game like setting (even if it's just practice within dynasty mode) so I can kind of have an idea how I want to set my depth chart going in to a season. I do like the shortened off season recruiting. I won't have to take a nap while simming through it this year and I'll actually recruit off season.
You can already do this. You can't do it in the "off-season", but you can do it before you play your first game, which is exactly the same.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #50
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
You can already do this. You can't do it in the "off-season", but you can do it before you play your first game, which is exactly the same.
It'd be nice if Practice mode wasn't just offense pick 1 play, defense pick 1 play, run play, rinse, repeat. If there were mini game drills to develop players like in NBA 2k. If with practice you could have a scrimmage instead of just picking 1 play and repeating it unless you decide to change the play/respot the ball everytime.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #51
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

That's true, and kind of surprising that EA hasn't stolen it yet, but he was only talking about getting a feel for the new recruits, which I totally understand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 03:19 AM   #52
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
It'd be nice if Practice mode wasn't just offense pick 1 play, defense pick 1 play, run play, rinse, repeat. If there were mini game drills to develop players like in NBA 2k. If with practice you could have a scrimmage instead of just picking 1 play and repeating it unless you decide to change the play/respot the ball everytime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
That's true, and kind of surprising that EA hasn't stolen it yet, but he was only talking about getting a feel for the new recruits, which I totally understand.

At this point, I'm kinda shocked the "random play" feature from Madden's practice mode hasn't made its way to NCAA. It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm willing to compromise and manually sub in/out my recruits in exchange for uninterrupted playcalling. Unless I specifically need and choose to practice against a 3-4 front, I'd like to see the defense have the ability to come out in any given formation and run any play from their playbook. Same for offense if I'm controlling the defense.

Last edited by BLACKjersey53; 05-29-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #53
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
if this is them putting in all their chips then this team needs to be fired YESTERDAY. This year is more of a half-assed effort than any other i've seen in recent years. Hardly any dynasty improvements unless you consider once again changing how recruiting is done an improvement.

It's almost as if they took half the year off. Add a couple different level camera views, claim to improve the running game without fixing the running motion or making cuts and running look realistic, add Ultimate Team (because if you're an elite sports game you must have Ultimate Team), repackage recruiting and coaching staffs. Take the rest of the year off and wait for people to give you their money.
Leave it to Jersey to give you the raw uncut lol...The minor recruiting tweaks could be a blessing or a curse. It's wait and see mode once again because EA loves to play their cards close to the chest. This dynasty reveal was a massive let down. Massive!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
we need coaches playcalling upgrades EA...

the basic aggressive v conservative isn't even working anymore...

i like what i heard but PLAYCALLING needs to be fixed....

or

we must be able to assign custom gameplans or playbooks to coaches.... give us custom assignable gameplans like madden and the community will fix alot of the playcalling issues.
The CPU calling 4 verts on every 3rd and long or CPU ball carriers running straight towards defenders is not an issue carnalnirvana. We have new RB cutbacks and revamped recruiting. We have fresh new menus and Ultimate Team. The game is better now man. It has to be...

Last edited by Sundown2600; 05-29-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #54
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3
Love these improvements. Quick question on Dynamic Visits. Say I bring in two WR's, but one is not concenred with playing time, will I still get the negative effects even tho one of my WR isnt really focusing on getting on the field right away.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #55
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoedicyMichael
Love these improvements. Quick question on Dynamic Visits. Say I bring in two WR's, but one is not concenred with playing time, will I still get the negative effects even tho one of my WR isnt really focusing on getting on the field right away.
That's a great question. I don't think they've answered it but I also wonder along those lines, if playing style is not important then will your on field performance impact recruits in the way they laid out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 4

any word on whether or not CPU vs CPU games can be simmed this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »