Home

NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #73
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I imagine that it'll be quick, but I really hope that it takes a long time. I know I'm not in the norm, but I'm in 2023 of my offline dynasty and 2022 of my OD so I hope that you need to get out into the 10+ season range to even get close to maxing them out. However, I know that the vast majority of EA's customer base won't play that long so EA needs to cater to them so it'll be much quicker than that.

At least there's a slider for coach progression (I think with slow, normal, and fast settings) and I hope it works well. With this setting on "slow" I'm hoping that even if I play 15+ seasons I still won't have a maxed out coach, no matter how well I do.
I have a feeling they'll do what NBA2k did in regards to their MyPlayer mode: It'll take you awhile to get there if you just want to "grind it out", but if you don't want to wait you can just buy XP to use on your coach to get you there faster.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #74
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Originally Posted by Jayrah

Also, going back to the Playing Time dealbreaker screen; Will PT be influenced by other incoming recruits as well and how much influence will your ovr scouting play into it, if at all? So say you have a Qb who you've scouted and he committed early as a 77. Late in the process you have a gem emerge as an 80. Will he be impacted by the commitment in the Playing Time portion, even though he would likely play first based on your scouting?

Yes, they will be impacted by other incoming recruits dynamically.

This to me is going to be a great addition. It's really going to make you think about who you should recruit. With the playing time pitch being dynamic, you could set yourself up in a situation where you really like two quarterbacks, running backs, etc., but one will eventually decide to go elsewhere due to the dealbreaker. With that said, I know that not everybody's dealbreaker will be playing time. This should still make some interesting things happen in recruiting. With this and the fact that you have to strategically set up visits (ie. not bringing in two qb's on the same visit that will negatively affect your recruiting), this to me is a big addition.

With as much time as they have had to work on this, because clearly this is where their focus was on the improvements to Dynasty, then let's hope to God they get this right. I'm not saying they will, but I am definitely praying they did.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
It is inexcusable for them to mess up these coach skills. It's the ONLY new concept/feature in dynasty. You know they spent a lot of time on it.
......... Allegedly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #76
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
Find me a white player named Antoine or Tyrone and I will. I don't see how it is even remotely close to racist when it's very clear certain cultures use names that others don't. Explain to me how this is taboo to speak about? I'm not saying ANYTHING negative about any race whatsoever. That's like if when people assume I'm Italian because of my last name I called them racist. Ridiculous.
White Antoine
http://au.linkedin.com/in/asabourin

White Tyrone
http://geology.msu.edu/people/rooney.html

gonna drop it now?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:50 PM   #77
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
I like the ideas of the new coach skills. However I am not happy that we still can't hire and fire Coordinators. I mean we've had OC's and DC's for what will be the 3rd year. College hoops had this option in a game in 2007, that's 6 years! Lets go Tiburon.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:51 PM   #78
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001

Maybe we can have a black Cletus to balance things out
Old 05-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #79
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
Maybe we can have a black Cletus to balance things out
OK black Cletus
https://en-gb.facebook.com/cletus.a.azagba
Old 05-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #80
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001

Ok, Black Jim Bob or Billy Bob?? I had to!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »