Home

NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #49
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
not trying to be a d**k, completely serious... what sounds fun about it? I'm 100% seriously curious what sounds fun about it. To me it doesn't sound like much and the added part of having accelerators makes it sound gimmicky to me so i'm just wondering what someone who is excited about it is so excited for. And again, i'm not being a d**k and I won't attack you for your opinion & response but i'm just curious.
No thats a fair question. As I stated in an earlier thread, I want more to do in dynasty. More variable if you will. This will give me something to work for. I don't know how it will work or if it will be balanced or buggy but I do know that gaining coach XP will give me advantages in recruiting and on the field. Let me see it in action first but it seems like a nice change of pace. Adding an RPG element seems to make any game more enjoyable for me. Just my opinion.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #50
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 4: Dynasty - Part 1 of 3

All of this sounds like subtle changes or just outright rehashes. The studio update info could've been ripped directly from the playbook from last year. "Comes in at natural breaks ..." "Focuses on games that affect your team ..." etc. Yeah, you pretty much said that last year. Stats during the loading screen ... yeah, you did that on the PS2.

"Power Recruiting," changing phone call minutes into points. That's the big change? That's what you went and talked to West Virginia about? How about still being able to recruit committed prospects? They aren't off the board until they've signed, you know? There's just as much drama in who's going to stay committed and who's going to switch their commitment as there is in where the undecided kids are going to sign. Now that's something you've never done before and it would have opened the door for some kind of signing day watch party as you await to see if you were able to hold on to that kid who was starting to lean elsewhere. Or if you managed to steal that prized recruit away at the last minute from a conference foe.

They have a coaching carousel that still pales in comparison to College Hoops 2K8, yet we're getting power-ups for our coaches. OK. Can we hire/fire our own coordinators yet? Will we ever face the dilemma of losing our OC and having to either promote someone with less experience from within the current staff, or going out and getting someone with more experience but who runs a different playbook? It's not looking like it.

I know there are more blogs to come, but anyone that thinks there's going to be some kind of big change after 8-9 years of pretty much the same thing is fooling themselves. For those that love the game, you're going to get more of what you love with a few enhancements/adjustments thrown in. For those of us frustrated with the state of this game, hopefully there's a fresh start around the corner.

These new consoles are coming not a moment too soon. It's certainly no guarantee that the games will be any better, but they can't really be any worse and I'm so ready for something new/different. It's been a really disappointing console generation for these games (in my opinion of course).
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #51
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Plus, I don't think it's as gimmicky or as unrealisic as some are claiming. IRL, there are some coaches who do better at certain things, be it Coaching DBs or recruiting kids.
I gotcha. The gimmicky part to me was when it talked about a "clutch skill" and that having it will make your team "hot" at the start of a close game in the 4th qtr. Now we don't really know what "hot" actually means (is it ratings boost?) but I get worried at something like this only because we see when they've implemented things like Aggressive/Conservative gameplans that it sometimes is overdone. For example if you aggressively try to strip the ball, you see guys fumbling like crazy. So when they talk about how the "clutch skill" will give your team an onfield boost, I find that gimmicky. That's what I meant by that. But I respect your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Kudos to you for trying, but it's simply an agree to disagree situation. If someone can't immediately see why this will be fun, then truthfully nothing can be said that will sway their opinion. It'll just be posting back and forth at one another.
Nothing they said is going to change my opinion nor was I looking for someone to change my opinion. I just wanted to know from someone who was genuinely excited by this feature, why and what made them so excited. It was more about just understanding the opposite perspective, not debating or looking for a sway in opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
No thats a fair question. As I stated in an earlier thread, I want more to do in dynasty. More variable if you will. This will give me something to work for. I don't know how it will work or if it will be balanced or buggy but I do know that gaining coach XP will give me advantages in recruiting and on the field. Let me see it in action first but it seems like a nice change of pace. Adding an RPG element seems to make any game more enjoyable for me. Just my opinion.
fair enough and thanks for explaining
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #52
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Can we hire/fire our own coordinators yet? Will we ever face the dilemma of losing our OC and having to either promote someone with less experience from within the current staff, or going out and getting someone with more experience but who runs a different playbook? It's not looking like it.
Yea I don't understand why we can't hire & fire coordinators. Head Coaches have a say in who is and isn't on their staff. I didn't like hearing that assistants will leave and we'll be randomly given new assistants with predetermined traits.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #53
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I gotcha. The gimmicky part to me was when it talked about a "clutch skill" and that having it will make your team "hot" at the start of a close game in the 4th qtr. Now we don't really know what "hot" actually means (is it ratings boost?) but I get worried at something like this only because we see when they've implemented things like Aggressive/Conservative gameplans that it sometimes is overdone. For example if you aggressively try to strip the ball, you see guys fumbling like crazy. So when they talk about how the "clutch skill" will give your team an onfield boost, I find that gimmicky. That's what I meant by that. But I respect your opinion.

Nothing they said is going to change my opinion nor was I looking for someone to change my opinion. I just wanted to know from someone who was genuinely excited by this feature, why and what made them so excited. It was more about just understanding the opposite perspective, not debating or looking for a sway in opinion.

fair enough and thanks for explaining

This has actually been very unclear, but the player Hot Streak has been in the game for a while. On XBox, press the right stick down to see how hot your players are. Grey is neutral, shades of blue mean they're doing bad (The darker the shade the worse they are) and orange and red mean the player is 'on fire.' They get these levels by doing well or struggling, and then cause your player to continue to play like that. So if a QB throws 2 picks in a row, he will be blue and his ratings take a hit. You either want to pull him or dosimeter safe, conservative passes to boost his confidence. If you try tricky passes with the QB, his accuracy will likely be off.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #54
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm soooooooooooooo stoked that if I unlock the on the field accelerators man and I'm playing with UTSA against Bama...and I keep the game close like 14-0 going into the 4th quarter that my team will get HOT...I mean like on FIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....to the point where initially there will be SMOKE coming from the top of the helmets...and if I can just manage to tie the game with 2 minutes left....Imean just tie the score I'll then see FLAMES on top of my teams helmets man...and if we get to OT...my players will EXPLODE...I mean brain fragments everywhere from being so combustable!!! What Bart Scott say....

"Can't Wait"

Wait a minute...yes I can!!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 0

whats that Mr. Eastwood, this is going to be a cluster****, yep i agree with you.
i honestly wonder if this is not already programmed into the game and we just have not noticed it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #56
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

As soon as I read about that clutch trait that boosts your players ratings because some sort of magic "boost" it cemented my decision not to buy this game for the third strait year. Wake me up when you start putting realism in your college football game, Tiburon.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »