Home

Some old, some new will equal a better dynasty experience

This is a discussion on Some old, some new will equal a better dynasty experience within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Some old, some new will equal a better dynasty experience

So we now know that recruiting will return to the points system, which I love. Gives you more control over how aggressive you can be in trying to get the prospects you really want and need. This will also play a huge role in your depth over the life of your coach contract. I prefer this over fumbling through endless menus to make pitches and phone calls. Just a preference.

We also got a pic of what kind of immersion will be in Dynasty this year. Not sure if this pic has been discussed:

I love this! You can see your bowl games over time, your record, and the overall trend of the program. If you decide to take the HC job at UTEP you now have an understanding why or how they are only rated a 2 start school, etc.

Leveling up your coach is also new and should be fun. I think that's where we can all begin to take pride in building a school like UTEP (just using them as an example) up. Not only do you do it via winning on the field, but gaining XP to level up your coach skills to bring some of those local kids in to stay and turn your program around! Sick.

I haven't been this excited for an EA game since NCAA 2007 for PS2. We are getting some old features back (import draft class, and streamlined recruiting) and some new RPG elements as well as "Play Season" (was actually available for NCAA2002-2003) but all of the editions and tuned studio updates and Infinity Engine could make this quite possibly the best football game this generation. Not saying much, EA gave us a turd sandwich in NCAA '13 (that didn't work) so this is a long time coming.

Please don't freeze!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #2
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
Love this optimism. Agree with everything you said. Plus the presentation looks a lot better this year. So what if it isn't revolutionizing, it will be fun.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #3
Banned

Re: Some old, some new will equal a better dynasty experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
Love this optimism. Agree with everything you said. Plus the presentation looks a lot better this year. So what if it isn't revolutionizing, it will be fun.
Exactly! NCAA and Madden for years have been pushing the "revolutionary" features (example: HDR lighting) but forgetting about fun. Sometimes less is more and I feel that is what is going on here with NCAA, which all started with Madden 13.

Can't wait to sling the rock with the UW Huskies, hopefully at new husky stadium.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:20 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Woah they do realistic past records? That's awesome.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:49 AM   #5
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

I like the look of it a lot too.

I guess I'm kind of lucky in that I only got into the NCAA games a couple of years ago.

Because of that everything is still quite fresh as a football experience compared to madden. I'm looking forward to the more streamlined recruiting and if CC is fixed (even just a bit) ill be more than happy and will likely play this game a tonne.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 29

that's a very cool screen shot thanks for posting. I've been looking for something like that from this game for years. can't wait for the game.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow now thats reason for playing and playing again. I cant wait for this game.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
that's a very cool screen shot thanks for posting. I've been looking for something like that from this game for years. can't wait for the game.
Ever since the glory days of NCAA2004 I've wanted a year by year snapshot of my dynasty so you can see and get a feel for what is determining your coach prestige and University prestige movement. What would be killer too is if they had your recruiting class ranking (with 3 notable 'gets' ) for each year too. "We went 9-3 this year and signed a top-10 class the last few years, is the national title a realistic goal?"

As it is though, I thought this screen shot was worth posting and just pumped me up for this game. Again, so much to be excited for with the new graphics, presentation, dynasty & recruiting, and if anything the variety and the smoothness the infinity engine brings...for sure many hrs are going to be spent in tinkering mode with this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »