Home

What did You Want In Dynasty instead?

This is a discussion on What did You Want In Dynasty instead? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #25
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What did You Want In Dynasty instead?

85 man roster
Spring game
Medical red shirt
Being able to upgrade your facility
More bowl tie ins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #26
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

The spring game would be a lot of fun.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #27
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Wouldn't this be like the "wish list thread?"

Spring game, senior night and importing more TB teams and users expanded.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 05-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #28
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Ya I actually like what we got if it works likes its supposed to.

By the way though is that for sure all they added to dynasty or are they maybe still hiding something? Anybody know 100% sure
Old 05-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #29
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Ya I actually like what we got if it works likes its supposed to.

By the way though is that for sure all they added to dynasty or are they maybe still hiding something? Anybody know 100% sure
From what I understand, and I could very well be absolutely wrong, there seems to be a contingent around the web who claim there are still a couple more announcements to be made.

So, who knows what might happen.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #30
Pro

HHHBigFan's Arena

OVR: 8

It wasn't the fact that what they added was bad it was that it was all they added.

Madden got numerous new additions to franchise this year and then the very next week we have to hear how NCAA got 2 new things.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

hire/fire oc/dc.

when you move from oc/dc to hc, you start over, or at least not as high as you were as an oc/dc. something like you drop 50% of you rating or something. if you were a high end oc rated 20 (out of 25), then you take hc job, you are now a 10 (out of 25) hc, or something along those lines.

playoff

85 man rosters

spring game

recruiting scout - i know they have this, but i think it could be so much better with a little tweaking. 2 things, 1 week each:

1st week - have the schools host "camps" where you invite say 50 kids. the likely hood of them coming to camp depends on proximity, play style, coach rating (oc/dc and hc, say 50% each or something), champ contender, etc, just like their high/most/etc compares to your school when recruiting them. for smaller schools, you'll ant to get some of the local, lower rated guys to come in. for bigger schools, you can go after the higher rated national recruits. think of it as a preseason campus visit. once you get your invites out to who you want, sim the week and you get a clearer picture of their actual ratings (scouting). or one step further (i know this is way down the road if even possible but still...) have mini drills that you can run through with your top 10 or so recruits you want to focus on to get an even clearer look at their ratings.

2nd week - have camps regionally, like a southeast camp, midwest camp, or by state or something. maybe even have 2, 1 for higher rated prospects, one for lower rated. have these be more recruits attending (say 100 or so) with less of a reveal in ratings since the coaches are less hands-on than in their own camps. and then you pick which camp to attend to scout them. and each player in that camp you get a ratings reveal/clearer view, less than in your school camp as mentioned above. you'll have to decide which one to attend based on region/school rating/etc. like uab wouldn't want to go out to the midwest high rated camp, cause the likelihood of them landing one is slim. but if you're a bigger school and you're need a bigtime qb, but none in your region, but the southwest has 3, you might take a chance on going out there to snag one. and you'd always have your school camp like above to get a better feel on more guys closer or (as ea says) visa versa (vice versa).

those could be in either order. might be best to do them regional camp then school camp, so if there's a situation like i said with qb's, and you find 2 of the 3 you like, you can select only those 2 to come to your camp for a more in depth look/reveal.

i don't think either of those would take up too much time. it's only 2 weeks. and it would be a lot of fun being more strategic, especially in od with other users. if all are in the same region, you might sneak out of a different region camp to get a leg up on non-local recruits.

anyway, that's my big idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

- 85 man rosters
- duplicate numbers
- game plans
- schedule home and home contracts
- hire/fire coordinators
- OL/DL and WR/CB interactions
- fix crowd to swell up during a big play
- fix big game/rivalry game to feel big the whole game, not just before and after (heart pulse, louder crowd, special commentary, etc.)
- espn2, espnu, cbs, abc, nbc, etc.
- edit rosters online

Basically, anything that wouldn't have to revamped or scratched the following year. For as far back as I can remember, each addition made gets an overhaul the following year. Each year is just redoing what was already done rather than building upon what they already have. It's sort of like EA is just spinning their wheels but aren't going anywhere. There is no goal of what the game should be like in the end, there is just changes to features we already have to "make them better." I wanted real ADDITIONS rather than reworks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »