Home

What did You Want In Dynasty instead?

This is a discussion on What did You Want In Dynasty instead? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #49
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What did You Want In Dynasty instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
hire/fire oc/dc.

when you move from oc/dc to hc, you start over, or at least not as high as you were as an oc/dc. something like you drop 50% of you rating or something. if you were a high end oc rated 20 (out of 25), then you take hc job, you are now a 10 (out of 25) hc, or something along those lines.
Generally, when you start off as a OC and get hired as an HC, you start back as a LVL 1 HC, but you have a few points you can allocate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
1st week - have the schools host "camps" where you invite say 50 kids. the likely hood of them coming to camp depends on proximity, play style, coach rating (oc/dc and hc, say 50% each or something), champ contender, etc, just like their high/most/etc compares to your school when recruiting them. for smaller schools, you'll ant to get some of the local, lower rated guys to come in. for bigger schools, you can go after the higher rated national recruits. think of it as a preseason campus visit. once you get your invites out to who you want, sim the week and you get a clearer picture of their actual ratings (scouting). or one step further (i know this is way down the road if even possible but still...) have mini drills that you can run through with your top 10 or so recruits you want to focus on to get an even clearer look at their ratings.

2nd week - have camps regionally, like a southeast camp, midwest camp, or by state or something. maybe even have 2, 1 for higher rated prospects, one for lower rated. have these be more recruits attending (say 100 or so) with less of a reveal in ratings since the coaches are less hands-on than in their own camps. and then you pick which camp to attend to scout them. and each player in that camp you get a ratings reveal/clearer view, less than in your school camp as mentioned above. you'll have to decide which one to attend based on region/school rating/etc. like uab wouldn't want to go out to the midwest high rated camp, cause the likelihood of them landing one is slim. but if you're a bigger school and you're need a bigtime qb, but none in your region, but the southwest has 3, you might take a chance on going out there to snag one. and you'd always have your school camp like above to get a better feel on more guys closer or (as ea says) visa versa (vice versa).
As far as camps go, this can only happen during the Off-Season where both the High School and University are out of school official. (Excluding Summer session at the University). Now for inviting, especially those who are on your recruiting board, the University cannot just Invite a student athlete because the camps are paid. (I attended the Mack Brown Football camp twice. Paid twice also lol). Its not an invitation thing. Only Cooperate Sponsored Camps are invite only. However, as a student athlete, YOU CAN CALL that University's athletic staff & tell them that "Hey, Im coming to your camp" (Lets coaches get a good look at your skill set up front, being that these camps are by no means In-Depth at all.)

Speaking of Cooperate Sponsored Camps, lets talk about that. Ok, SPARQ is in NCAA right?? Right.. So, lets take your idea here take the University out of the picture, and replace with SPARQ. Being that these Camps are Invite Only, pretty much the Top Ranked Talent is invited. {Mind you, University coaches cannot take part as PAID personnel in the camps}. Anywho, as apart of the scouting feature, Maybe it would be nice to have some type of Cooperate Sponsored Camp where the top recruits are CPU controlled and they show-case there talent (via position drills) and you can view how your top recruits have done.

And to take it a little bit further, ESPN "Elite" Sponsored Camp could be in the game too. So lets say there are 2 Camps.. But heres the catch. You have to choose between which camp to go to. You might have a Top QB (Which EPSN invited the Top QB every year) at one camp that you desperatly need, while you have a considerable large amount of your top recruits at the SPARQ camp..

But just a thought tho. May not really work, but its good creativity tho. I liked your idea and thought I would share this.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #50
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
EA has actually done a pretty good job with adding the features we wanted the past 5 years but they NEVER develop them properly. It's a never ending cycle.
This

I mean unless it actually effected stats by a very little amount or something then what's the point? Sure would be cool just to have it I guess but doesn't really effect anything but to say you did it.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #51
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Looks like there's no legit decommits. Check out this article.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/201305290126
Thanks for putting that up. I noted some improvement, but I'm disappointed in-season results won't factor into the recruiting process (would probably entail more programming hours than EA had available to make it work).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 06:28 PM   #52
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
Thanks for putting that up. I noted some improvement, but I'm disappointed in-season results won't factor into the recruiting process (would probably entail more programming hours than EA had available to make it work).
In season results factor into recruiting through dynamic pitches - or are you referring to something else?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:43 PM   #53
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
don't say things will be in if you have 0 confirmation. Playing a practice mode game is not what people have in mind when they talk about a Spring Game. The Alabama Spring Game sure doesn't look the same as when Alabama practices.
If you payed attention you would have noticed "spring game" in quotes which the other 2 who replied clearly noticed.

The de-commit part I corrected in the next post.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #54
Banned

rockytop52's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
I don't get why people are so obsessed with a spring game. If they added it the only reason I would play is too see the freshman who redshirted. Isn't practice mode pretty much the same thing?

What they really need is dynamic position battles.
Did you NOT play NCAA 06?
Old 05-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #55
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

While I DID like the spring game, I don't really notice it not being there anymore since I'm always comish of an OD where everyone wants to get the season started back up ASAP. Wouldn't mind it coming back, okay without it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2013, 07:40 PM   #56
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
For people in these forums that strive for realism, you want a playoff which in no way could be realistic as no one knows the details of how it would work. When EA implements something that is not "realistic", they get their head chopped off.
So what you are saying is it would be more realistic to have the BCS every single year in dynasty, instead of a generic 4 team playoff?

In either event, you're wrong about the details anyway. Most of the details are already known. The only thing legitimately unknown is how many people will be on the committee, which for video game purposes, isn't that important anyway. The playoff commish says probably somewhere between 14-20 members from different conferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I don't know why the "we dont know how it works" excuse is being used so much. Even I know how it works. They have released enough basic information like the 2014 national championship site, the dates of 2014 playoffs and bowl rotations and tie ins, what the committee will value, and name and logo possibilities. Sports Illustrated even did a simulation with D1 athletic directors showcasing what the committee will value in their selection.

The basic framework that has been agreed on and known since 2012 is that: (from the BCS website) Among the factors the committee will value are win-loss record, strength of schedule, head-to-head results, and whether a team is a conference champion.
What else really needs to be "known" to create a 4 team playoff starting year 2 of dynasty

Last edited by DorianDonP; 05-31-2013 at 07:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »