Home

anyone ever seen a controversial championship in the game?

This is a discussion on anyone ever seen a controversial championship in the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2003, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
anyone ever seen a controversial championship in the game?

i simmed a season for fun and at the end usc was #1 in the coaches polls, and miami was #1 in the media polls. the sports illustrated cover said something like "usc is crowned national champ with controversy". i checked the bowls before they started, and miami was #3 in the bcs, even though they were #1 in the media poll and #2 in the coaches. usc was #1 in the coaches, and #3 in the media. the si cover that week had miami on it and said "who said the bcs was fair!". so usc won the champ game and miami won the rose bowl(i think) and there ended up being no consensus champion. i thought it was funny that usc was involved, given what's going on this year. their roles got switched though, they should be in miami's position. still, kinda funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: anyone ever seen a controversial championship in the game?

Oh hell yeah I have.

My Bucks played an undefeated Fresno State team in the NC game; they had a strength of schedule of 4+ instead of an undefeated Nebraska team with a 2.5 SoS. Oh lemme tell ya the outcry THAT would have caused in real life.
Old 12-13-2003, 08:34 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Bill_Abner said:
Oh hell yeah I have.

My Bucks played an undefeated Fresno State team in the NC game; they had a strength of schedule of 4+ instead of an undefeated Nebraska team with a 2.5 SoS. Oh lemme tell ya the outcry THAT would have caused in real life.

I feel ya man. I have grown to hate Fresno State because they become so good in NCAA 04. For some reason they get all the Cali recruits, not USC. In my USC dynasty I lose recruiting battles a lot to Fresno State. They even take recruits in my VaTech dynasty.

As for NC controversies, I have yet to see a NC game where the #1 did not play the #2 but in mid-season rankings I've seen controversy when the #3 in the polls leapfrogged the #2 in the polls but the #3 was #2 in the BCS.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:03 AM   #4
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

In our dynasty, we simmed to see how everything would play out: Notre Dame was #3 in the BCS with a glistening 8-4 record. They get all the breaks in video games, too, I guess.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:17 AM   #5
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Yup where an undefeated team didnt get into the championship game and the top rated team lost in the game. It said contoversial champs or something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2003, 10:26 AM   #6
Drive for 5

Lonestar210's Arena

OVR: 8

My team Miami was 10-1. I lost to Churchill a created team and they were 10-2 but they got to go to the BCS game instead my Miami.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:53 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

longhornsin2003 said:
My team Miami was 10-1. I lost to Churchill a created team and they were 10-2 but they got to go to the BCS game instead my Miami.

ha i graduated from churchill in SA.

my created team went undefeated in the sun belt and was #2 in the rankings but got shut out of the NC game. i won the sugar bowl vs. arizona state and the #1 team lost in the rose bowl. they got the bcs championship and the #1 ranking in the media poll but i got the #1 ranking in the coaches poll and the si made reference to the controversy on the cover. i was the only undefeated team left.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:08 PM   #8
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

In my current Dynasty I (USC) is ranked number 1 in the media poll (11-1) but Texas 12 -1 and Ohio State 10-2 are playing for the National Championship. But if I win my bowl game vs The Sooners I will crownd myself a share of the National Championship...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »