Home

Custom Conference Ideas in NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Custom Conference Ideas in NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2013, 01:48 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Custom Conference Ideas in NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknutz
Just need 1 Indy on NCAA 12. Well, the West (Pac 12) is limited on it's expansions in real life, so I like to work a little realism in there. What's your Minnesota problem?
To balance it I had to shove them into the west. It was that or split up states (like take a western tx team to the west.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2013, 02:06 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
To balance it I had to shove them into the west. It was that or split up states (like take a western tx team to the west.
Well, there probably isn't a perfect system. I had to split up Ohio between sub regions. I split up the Carolinas, but dropped a North Carolina team into the South with South Carolina, plus I split Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama between sub-regions. Minny, Wisc, Iowa would have gone west if I wanted it balanced...I do think those teams fit with Neb, Kan, Okl, but I chose to do it a little unbalanced.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #83
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AMnCR1MS0N
Is there any way you could show me what you started with. I might start a new Offline Dynasty soon and use a similar format.
Sorry for the slow reply. I only check these boards occasionally.

The problem with showing you the initial setup is the fact that I reconfigured the layout of the conferences quite a bit when we converted to NCAA 2013 due to the inclusion of dynamic custom conferences (which 2012 didn't have). Probably your best bet would be to get a preview magazine that ranks the teams, then fill in each color region in the order they are ranked. To balance out regions, I added some western teams (Fairbanks, San Luis Obispo, and North Dakota) using teambuilder and replaced a few lesser teams from the Southern part of the country. The teambuildered teams should be weak and go to the bottom of the Western (blue) region.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #84
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/04...tic-conference

So just to confirm, the new conference lineup is this, right?

Big Ten
SEC
PAC-12
American (replaces Big East)
Big 12
ACC
MWC
C-USA
MAC
Sunbelt
Independents

How many teams total do we have this year?

Last edited by Kodos; 06-19-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #85
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3

Just so we're clear, exactly how many teams are FBS in NCAA14? It's 126, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #86
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by War34Eagle
Just so we're clear, exactly how many teams are FBS in NCAA14? It's 126, right?
Yes. There are 126 teams in NCAA14.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'll be going with 8 conferences of 10 teams, then stick the other 46 in random conferences. I've got
  • Pac8 + BSU + Hawaii
  • Nev, UNLV, AZ, ASU, NM, BYU, Utah, Wyoming, CO, Air Force
  • UT, TAMU, TCU, TTU, Houston, OK, OK St, KS, KSU, Neb
  • Original Big 10 + ISU + ND - Ill - Ind
  • Syracuse, BC, UConn, Army, Rutgers, PSU, WVU, Pitt, Maryland, Navy
  • VA, VaTech, Vanderbilt, Clemson, SCar, Wake Forest, UNC, NCSU, Duke, ECU
  • Miami, USF, FL, FSU, UGA, GaTech, Bama, Auburn, LSU, TN
  • Miss St, Ole Miss, Memphis, Ark, Mizzou, Ill, Ind, Louisville, KY, Cincinnati

Some might move around, but I think this is good. Basically, at least one team from every state that has a team regional match ups are the priority. There's also a fair amount of balance I think aside from one or two conferences. I might try to work them to 12 so that I can get some conference championships in there, but I don't think it's necessary with the round robins.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here is my plan. I can't figure out how to import my file from Excel so Ill just manually type it out haha

-to start there are 4 tiers
-each team assigned to either North, West, East, or South
-only the elite conferences have CCG's.
-top 6 conferences get BCS auto bid.
-In 2 elite conferences there are always changing protected rivalries based on how teams did last season. So for an example the top rated Big Ten North team is Ohio St and the top rated West team is Oregon so they will be a protected rivalry for this season and it will change every season based on standings. 1v1 2v2 and so on. Goes for SEC to.
-bottom team in each division of the elite conferences drop down every year insuring there are always 4 new "elite" teams.
top AAC, Pac-12, ACC, & Big-12 teams get promoted into their respective division in the elite division. So for example say Boise St wins Pac-12, would become member of the Big-Ten West.
-No protected season, teams the get promoted or demoted are eligible to be promoted or demoted the very next season
-All conference champions of MWC,MAC,C-USA,& Sun Belt get promoted to respective upper conference. (ex. Uconn wins C-Usa get promoted to ACC)
-other way teams can be promoted is if a rebuilding tier or bottom feeder finishes in the top 25 in the final polls they are automatically promoted to the Upper Level they are assigned to.(ex. Minnesota wins MAC but Fresno St also finishes in the top 25 as well both teams will be promoted to AAC for the two lowest finishing teams in the AAC)
-2 top independent teams each season get promoted to respective regional conferences.
2 elite conferences(Big Ten(N&W)&SEC(S&E)
4 Upper conferences(AAC(N)Pac-12(W)ACC(E)Big-12(S))
4 rebuilding conferences(MAC(N)MWC(W)C-USA(E)Sun Belt(S))
independents are bottom feeders

Big Ten
North- Ohio St, Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri
West- Oregon, USC, Washington, Oklahoma, Stanford, Oklahoma St, Baylor, UCLA

SEC
East- Clemson, Virginia Tech, Georgia, North Carolina, Louisville, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Maryland
South-Alabama, Texas, LSU, Texas A&M, Florida St, Florida, Miami(FL), Ole Miss

AAC(N)-Tennessee, Kansas St, Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois, Cincinnati, Indiana, Iowa St, Toledo, Northern Illinois
Pac-12(W)-Boise St, Utah, Arizona, Arizona St, Cal, Oregon St, SD st, BYU, San Jose St, Utah St
ACC(E)-Boston College, Kentucky, NC St, Rutgers, Penn St, Virginia, West Virginia, ECU, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest
Big-12(S)-Arkansas, Auburn, Miss St, Texas Tech, Houston, TCU, USF, UCF, SMU, FIU

MAC(N)- Kansas, Minnesota, Ball St, Ohio, Bowling Green, MTSU, Kent St, Memphis, C. Michigan, Miami(OH)
MWC(W)- Washington St, Fresno St, Colorado, Tulsa, Hawaii, Nevada, Utep, Air Force, Colorado St, New Mexico
C-USA(E)- Uconn, Syracuse, Buffalo, Temple, Pittsburgh, W. Kentucky, Duke, Army, Marshall, Ole Dominion
Sun Belt(S)- Arkansas St, UL-Lafeyette, FAU, Rice, UL-Monroe, Troy, Tulane, North Texas, La Tech, So. Miss

Independents
N-W. Michigan, E. Michigan, Akron
W- UNLV, Wyoming, Idaho, New Mexico St
S- Texas St, UTSA, Georgia St, S.Bama
E- UAB, Navy, UMass

BCS Bowls:
Rose Bowl-Big Ten vs SEC
Sugar Bowl- ACC vs Big 12
Fiesta Bowl- AAC vs Pac 12
Orange Bowl- At Large vs At Large

I will be using Wisconsin in this dynasty with an annual rivalry of Minnesota and Neutral Site games every year against North Carolina and one cupcake

also, I based all of the preliminary conferences off of ratings by the game except I stayed true to the top 25 thing therefore Utah St and San Jose St got into Pac-12 and Northern Illinois got into the AAC

What do you guys think?

Last edited by tremperbball10; 06-19-2013 at 11:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »