Home

Operation Sports Press Row Podcast Part 2 with Victor Lugo-Infinity Engine 2

This is a discussion on Operation Sports Press Row Podcast Part 2 with Victor Lugo-Infinity Engine 2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
Rookie

Tyler_Bullard's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Operation Sports Press Row Podcast Part 2 with Victor Lugo-Infinity Engine 2

My question is isn't this infinity engine kinda irrelevant due to the new consoles coming out and this brand new engine EA is using?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #10
Rookie

TryHard_Nation's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Operation Sports Press Row Podcast Part 2 with Victor Lugo-Infinity Engine 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Bullard
My question is isn't this infinity engine kinda irrelevant due to the new consoles coming out and this brand new engine EA is using?
By my understanding, the ignite engine builds upon the infinity engine. The infinity is a contact engine where as the ingnite is a locomotion engine and a an engine that controls crowds and players decisions.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Bullard
It will be irrelevant if you plan on buying a next gen console but for those of us sticking with current gen this is huge, if it functions properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard_Nation
By my understanding, the ignite engine builds upon the infinity engine. The infinity is a contact engine where as the ingnite is a locomotion engine and a an engine that controls crowds and players decisions.
A contact engine until some actual contact is made. From all the videos shown, it still looks like animations lead over the physics once again this year. Unless the videos are really early alpha, what was stated in OP will not matter at all unless it leads with the engine.

Haven't the past few years for EA's Football games been the same exact "big" feature being locomotion and size?

Last edited by Elite49; 06-05-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:34 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Geez, I saw a lot of OS complaints about how the current NCAAF games have terrible O-line interaction and this just seems to be the opposite of that. Seems too good to be true.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #14
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

From the description of the work they did (a "huge overhaul") on the first iteration of the engine, it sounds like this will have been worth the wait to get it on NCAA. As mentioned, the execution will be the measure but I like what I heard from this interview. The demo should showcase the new engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »