Home

LHN, SECN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU branding...

This is a discussion on LHN, SECN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU branding... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #41
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: LHN, SECN, ABC, ESPN2, ESPNU branding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
With as much as people bitch and moan because the replays aren't from the correct camera angle and the score banner has an EA sticker on it and there's not the same broadcast camera as you see on ESPN, that small, very vocal minority would riot if EA had fictional broadcasters.
They could hire Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe. I hear they are looking for work. jk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #42
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
With as much as people bitch and moan because the replays aren't from the correct camera angle and the score banner has an EA sticker on it and there's not the same broadcast camera as you see on ESPN, that small, very vocal minority would riot if EA had fictional broadcasters.
I'd be right in front.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #43
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
I'm not sure why everyone keeps bringing up CBS as they predominantly (only?) show games from 1 conference. That's a serious waste of resources for such a small return since the vast majority of users wouldn't even play games on the CBS network. CBS was great for NCAA Basketball because CBS shows all kinds of basketball games.

Adding another ESPN crew and/or adding ABC (which is essentially ESPN anyway) would be great but it'd be a serious waste to add a network that only shows games from 1 conference (or even worse, 1 team like the Longhorn network or NBC).
CBS shows the Sunbowl as well as select Navy games including the Army vs. Navy game and Notre Dame vs. Navy when Navy is the home team.

But I get what your're trying to say. But if I were heading up the EA NCAA Football series I would do whatever it takes to get as many networks represented in the game as possible.

Like I said in another post it's probably not something that could be done on the currect gen systems but most definitely could be done in the next gen games.

As well as hopefully having FCS programs and Division II and Division III schools. It would be pretty cool to play the Division II and Division III playoffs with a powerhouse team like Montana.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 06-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #44
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Are you being sarcastic
Why would I be sarcastic about this.

@AdamdotH
Old 06-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #45
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
CBS shows the Sunbowl as well as select Navy games including the Army vs. Navy game and Notre Dame vs. Navy when Navy is the home team.
That sounds like what I just said. They show predominantly 1 conference (SEC) and it sounds like just a handful of other games.
Quote:
Like I said in another post it's probably not something that could be done on the currect gen systems but most definitely could be done in the next gen games
Why would it be any less expensive for EA to secure the rights for other networks on the next gen consoles than it is for them now?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #46
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
But I get what your're trying to say. But if I were heading up the EA NCAA Football series I would do whatever it takes to get as many networks represented in the game as possible.
I'd get on it sooner rather than later, with the shift to a new generation and also a shift in college sports broadcasting. It's not just ESPN and friends anymore. NBCSN covers the Mountain West and FCS, CBSSN covers C-USA and the service academies, Fox Sports 1 looks like it's going to cover many conferences, and Fox looks like it's trying to make a push as a competitor to ABC/ESPN for over-the-air college football. Also, the BTN is a Fox property, so Fox in particular seems like they're seriously invested in the sport.

Last edited by OmahaKnights; 06-06-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #47
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

I still can't believe people can't get the fact that all of these things cost money. EA already paid big bucks to secure the ESPN license, and I'm sure as snot that any other network does not want to share billing with Mickey Mouse. I can see the overlays for the ESPN family of networks, but I don't ever see any of their competitors wanting close to the game without being paid royally.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #48
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
That sounds like what I just said. They show predominantly 1 conference (SEC) and it sounds like just a handful of other games.Why would it be any less expensive for EA to secure the rights for other networks on the next gen consoles than it is for them now?
I wasn't even talking about money wise. Talking about RAM availability.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »