Home

Old Feature You Miss The Most?

This is a discussion on Old Feature You Miss The Most? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #41
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Old Feature You Miss The Most?

medical redshirts, spring game, stats for highschool players (that matter for incoming overall) .

of course i miss dicipline but that was the ncaa's law team that took that out. remember that the game doesnt have final say the ncaa does. they didnt like the bad image. pretty funny right, like they arent doing that on their own.

of course D2 teams but unless you want to pay $100 bucks for the game so they can lisense the teams, conferences and tournament so we wont get it back unless in some kind of teambuilder form which im sure we would end up making better rosters than ea anyway. remember a team like FSU get hundreds of thousands a year from this game just for being in it. that why they just cant go making some fake 4 team tournament till the sponsors and lined up with the correct bowls. ea isnt allowed to do **** in regards to things like this without permission.

but medical redshirts was big. tired of a player getting hurt early in season and losing his entire year. especially in the hurt fest that was '13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Create a sign. I would make new signs for every home game.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #43
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

The ability to schedule any team on the disc for a non-conference game. Regardless of whether or not they were a part of your dynasty or not. Wanted to schedule Portland State as an early season tune-up, but didn't swap them into your dynasty? No problem. All teams, 1-AA and 1-A alike showed up as options.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
of course D2 teams but unless you want to pay $100 bucks for the game so they can lisense the teams, conferences and tournament so we wont get it back unless in some kind of teambuilder form which im sure we would end up making better rosters than ea anyway. remember a team like FSU get hundreds of thousands a year from this game just for being in it. that why they just cant go making some fake 4 team tournament till the sponsors and lined up with the correct bowls. ea isnt allowed to do **** in regards to things like this without permission.
I can't buy this for the simple fact that we have custom conferences you're saying the NCAA is okay with us decimating the SEC, Big16, and Pac12 but puts their foot down when it comes to a generic 4-team playoff option? don't think so that just sounds like a convenient EA excuse, but I digress as cool as it would be I'm over the playoff thing
Old 06-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
I find it absolutely amazing, that we're sitting here discussing the feature that we miss most. Last I checked, technology has only improved since the release of last gen consoles. Features should not be eliminated. They should only be added. This in a nutshell, is the sad state of affairs that has become the NCAA series.
That's the irony. The technical superiority of current-gen consoles means nothing when the gameplay and overall game polish is poorer.

This is indeed a sad state of affairs, and I for one was very disappointed what happened to the last-gen engine. As far as I'm concerned, it would have been much better to not develop a new engine. The old engine was better and more robust, especially for long gaming sessions. They should have just kept everything the same, and just kept making the Original Xbox and PS2 versions better and more polished. With more options to turn off features like slide protection or jump the snap or momentum if you didn't want that on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Wish we could have all these back. Some of these are what kept me coming back to the game daily.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #47
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3

By far, the feature I miss most is the FCS (1-AA) teams. I can't believe that we've gone for this entire console generation without them in the game. And from what I've seen, people have asked EA about this year after year. In my opinion, TeamBuilder doesn't fill in the gap. You still see FCS West/South/Southeast/Midwest over and over again in Dynasty mode. It just takes away from the experience.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #48
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I miss the camera shaking when I played someone tough in their stadium
I agree 100%. Home field advantage was the single most immersive feature they've ever added.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »