Home

NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2013, 05:18 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Onside* kicks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #82
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

Re: NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
Wait, so you have Clowney at a 98? Am I reading that right?

If so, I defy you to name a player more deserving of a 99 overall. I do believe those ratings should be reserved for once in a generation talent, but he is just that.
He is still the best player in CF, don't flip... I just think no "college" player should deserve a 99 overall.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #83
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
He is still the best player in CF, don't flip... I just think no "college" player should deserve a 99 overall.
Why not? Teams who can't even win 50% games have nearly 90 ratings
Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #84
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Why not? Teams who can't even win 50% games have nearly 90 ratings
I don't agree with the team ratings either. Lowering players like I did would lower the team ratings as well. Bama being all 99s is just dumb. It's pretty much saying this Bama team will be one of if not the greatest team of all-time...
Old 06-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #85
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
My question to you is what rating would you lower to have him at a 98 OVR and if you lower this rating to have him at a 98, doesn't that destroy the purpose of rating someone to their true abilities if their OVR comes out to a number you/we do not like?

I sound like a broken record but here it goes again, stop looking at a players OVR rating and instead look at all of their ratings. The OVR rating means absolutely nothing outside of CPU calculating a depth chart.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

Last edited by cparrish; 06-12-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #86
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
All ratings are a little too high imo, but I kind of expected it from EA. The top 15 (these top 15 anyhow) revised should look something like this. (although I would probably remove a couple of these players, and insert replacements not mentioned.) The Left Bold is what I think the opsports community rosters will set them as. The right Bold is what I think they should be realistically.

99/
99/98 OVR – Jadeveon Clowney DE#7 – South Carolina – JR
97/96/94 OVR – Johnny Manziel QB#2 – Texas A&M – SO(RS)
97/92/90 OVR – De’Anthony Thomas HB#6 – Oregon – JR
97/93/90 OVR – A.J. McCarron QB#10 – Alabama – SR(RS)
97/96/93 OVR – Marqise Lee WR#9 – USC – JR
97/93/91 OVR – C.J. Mosley MLB#32 – Alabama – SR
96/94/91 OVR – Braxton Miller QB#5 – Ohio State – JR
96/95/92 OVR – Teddy Bridewater QB#5 – Louisville – JR
96/96/94 OVR – Jake Matthews LT#75 – Texas A&M – SR
96/92/90 OVR – Aaron Murray QB#11 – Georgia – SR(RS)
96/95/93 OVR – Taylor Lewan LT#77 – Michigan – SR(RS)
95/93/91 OVR – Tahj Boyd QB#10 – Clemson – SR(RS)
lol wow, a little homer towards Braxton? in terms of being an all around QB compared to the other guys on this list, he should be the lowest rated, him and Teddy have accomplished the least out of the group

imo it should be
Manziel 94
McCarron 94
Murray 92
Boyd 92
Bridgewater 91
Braxton 89
Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #87
Rookie

brutx15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
lol wow, a little homer towards Braxton? in terms of being an all around QB compared to the other guys on this list, he should be the lowest rated, him and Teddy have accomplished the least out of the group

imo it should be
Manziel 94
McCarron 94
Murray 92
Boyd 92
Bridgewater 91
Braxton 89
Smh, because I have a buckeye avatar, I must be a homer. Typical OSU *****... Lowering him that much, I thought I was being quite generous. I could care less if he is a great all-around QB. This is college football, not professional. At the college level, Braxton is by far one of the best QBs in the country... Just as if Tim Tebow was at the college level again, he would be rated as high if not higher than all of these QBs...

And Bridgewater didn't prove anything in his bowl game against Florida, really? I guess many NFL mocks have him as a possible #1 pick for no reasoning then. Once again, smh...

Your ratings obviously have nothing to do with skill types but rather there win and loss record, lol. McCarron the highest rated QB is a joke. He is the perfect game manager with more talent around him than any other team in the country, and Murray sure he can be a 92 one game, then the next he is an 82.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #88
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

now don't get mad just because I said you're ratings are a little biased, I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that

sorry my ratings aren't based around how fast each QB is or their ball carrying, otherwise Braxton would be the best on the list.. but why should he be rated higher than the best in the country at the position where managing the game is the job description? Every QB on that list except for Manziel had a 20+ point better QB rating than Miller, Manziel's was 15 higher and McCarron/Murray were both 35 points higher.

Tebow beat top teir teams through the air, he was solid all around whereas Braxton doesn't have the same accuracy as most of these other QBs, and just because Bridgewater beat a team in 1 game they shouldn't boost his ratings, nor should they due to his draft stock, like you said this is the collegiate level not the NFL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »