Home

NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #33
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Gotta love OS. EA sports could make the perfect game and half of you guys would be complaining about something. I have come to the realization that these sports games will never be good enough for some people. The trouble with creating sports games is that you are trying to create reality and it's just too hard to do. The developers will always be behind the 8-ball, trying to please all of the fans.

It is just players ratings, big deal. I don't recall too many complaining about them on the last-gen games.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Tajh Boyd is better than Murray and McCarron. Boyd should be 97 Murray 96 and McCarron 94
Old 06-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Top 15 Players in NCAA Football 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I disagree completely with this. I think the 2 games should have 2 sets of ratings. The scales are (and should be) relative. A 99 in Madden should be the best to ever play in the NFL. Likewise a 99 in NCAA should be the best to ever play in the NCAA. There should be 90s in NCAA, which are the elite NCAA players (regardless of how they'd rate in Madden). A player's NCAA grade should have nothing to do with the NFL (since, of course, this isn't the NFL). A Pat White or Charlie Ward should be rated very highly in NCAA, even though they wouldn't be in Madden.
with what i said, they still would be.

if all players are scaled down in ncaa, pat white could still be a low/mid 80's player, making him good/great in ncaa, but average in nfl.

mostly i think things like natural gifts (i.e. speed, quickness, strength) where there is little difference/change from college should be universal. if a guy is a 95 speed in ncaa, he should be 95 in nfl.

i don't think things should be relative, they should be standard.

i also think players like pat white are bad transfers because of weight, which is not really represented in ncaa or madden. also scheme.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #36
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Top 15 Players in NCAA Football 14

they are separate games. Not everyone even plays or buys both games. So a 99 in NCAA does not mean that guy would be a 99 in Madden. A 99 in NCAA is for the elite COLLEGE player. The max shouldn't be in the 80s for the college game because those guys wouldn't be in the 90s compared to the NFL players.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players

Haha I have no idea how Mcarron is a 97??? Come on besides that and Millers
Rating I have no immediate problems
Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #38
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Gotta love OS. EA sports could make the perfect game and half of you guys would be complaining about something. I have come to the realization that these sports games will never be good enough for some people. The trouble with creating sports games is that you are trying to create reality and it's just too hard to do. The developers will always be behind the 8-ball, trying to please all of the fans.

It is just players ratings, big deal. I don't recall too many complaining about them on the last-gen games.
Too true lol
Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBlitz
Well, i hope a 99 DE is useful this year.
Same thing i said...this is the deal breaker for me kind of cant wait to see some E3 footage with a lot of pass plays
NFL-TITANS

LET THE DUECE LOOSE!!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Pretty disappointed as a ND fan that neither Nix nor Tuitt are on there, but I'm sure no one else is too heart-broken about that one. Tuitt didn't do much at the end of the year and Bama ran off tackle for most of their yardage, so Nix didn't do much in that game. I'll be pretty annoyed if their both not at least 93s though as 99% of mock drafts have them going Top 15.

The QBs seem overrated, but EA does that so I'm not shocked. I don't think any QB except for Manziel should be above a 95, but that's just me. I love De'Anthony Thomas, but I'm not sure what he's done to deserve being a 97.

All in all, they weren't terrible though.

And to answer the Bama guy who wondered why people care about these ratings when you can just edit them: people who care most about online play care about these rankings, although I'm hopeful that there wont be too dominant of a team this year in online for ppl to abuse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »