Home

NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #41
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Top 15 Players in NCAA Football 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
with what i said, they still would be.

if all players are scaled down in ncaa, pat white could still be a low/mid 80's player, making him good/great in ncaa, but average in nfl.

mostly i think things like natural gifts (i.e. speed, quickness, strength) where there is little difference/change from college should be universal. if a guy is a 95 speed in ncaa, he should be 95 in nfl.

i don't think things should be relative, they should be standard.

i also think players like pat white are bad transfers because of weight, which is not really represented in ncaa or madden. also scheme.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Guys like Pat White and Charlie Ward, Johnny Football, Black Mamba, etc should all be rated in the mig-high 90s in NCAA. NCAA and Madden are 2 completely different games and there shouldn't be some universal ratings system that spans both games.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1
McCaron a 97 lol maybe his gf but not him...on second thought she's not a 97 either
Old 06-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
they are separate games. Not everyone even plays or buys both games. So a 99 in NCAA does not mean that guy would be a 99 in Madden. A 99 in NCAA is for the elite COLLEGE player. The max shouldn't be in the 80s for the college game because those guys wouldn't be in the 90s compared to the NFL players.
for starters, i don't play madden. haven't since 06. probably won't this year either.

and i didn't say there should be a max. i said they should be standard. a 99 player should be best in the world type player. hell, and argument could be made for clowney being a top player now. same a few years back with adrian petersen.

but these are the same sport made by the same company. they should be sharing everything almost. ratings, engine, animations, models, etc. just with a few tweaks to playbooks and rules.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:34 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
We'll have to agree to disagree. Guys like Pat White and Charlie Ward, Johnny Football, Black Mamba, etc should all be rated in the mig-high 90s in NCAA. NCAA and Madden are 2 completely different games and there shouldn't be some universal ratings system that spans both games.
i'm good with disagreeing.

i will say, with the way things are set up now, ncaa should have ratings like they currently are. i just think the setup should be different.

EDIT: i'm also aware that things won't be changing anytime soon.

i also think we're mostly talking semantics. i'm not saying by any means that pat white, ward, manziel, etc. aren't elite cfb players. they are. some of my favorite, most explosive players recently. but i just think ratings should be spread out more and intune with nfl ratings. bad players shouldn't be in the 60/70 range. they should be 30/40. 60/70 should be normal/average starters for most of cfb. which are good players, but not great and certainly not elite. high 70's/low 80's are your good players, mid/high 80's are elite/all-conf/AA type, with the 90's reserved for once a generation types like clowney. maybe a handful a year reach 90's.

just my opinion.

Last edited by theharbinater; 06-11-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #45
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 14 Player Ratings - Top 15 Players

I think (hope) next gen we have more ratings for QB's than Throw Power and Accuracy. I think we could truly see separation from the elite passers that way. They need a touch rating, or have 3 sets of accuracy ratings Long, mid, and short. I'm hoping this gets done in the future so we as editors can really make the QB's play more true to form.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #46
Just started!

OVR: 0

how in the world how McCaron is a 97 maybe a 79 lol
Old 06-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #47
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronAmazingHappens
how in the world how McCaron is a 97 maybe a 79 lol
Lol what? I can't stand Bama, but this is just plain dumb. Kid just went 30 TDs to 3 INTs last season.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #48
Rookie

damion2721's Arena

OVR: 0
30 td's 3 picks, 2national Titles and Im a ND fan. either ur just being ignorant or you dont watch college football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »