Home

Gillette Stadium

This is a discussion on Gillette Stadium within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Gillette Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
McGuirk Stadium won't be their full-time home until 2017.
Didn't realize it would take that long, but sadly in similar situations I still believe EA has chosen to play the long game instead of adding a new stadium for the short term. but who knows maybe esayem is right and they'll add it for a neutral site game anyway.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #18
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Didn't realize it would take that long, but sadly in similar situations I still believe EA has chosen to play the long game instead of adding a new stadium for the short term. but who knows maybe esayem is right and they'll add it for a neutral site game anyway.
They may just not bother doing it for the current gen. I have no idea if they would need to do it twice; once for this gen and again for the next one, or if they could do the build in the current gen and then update it for the next gen.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 06-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #19
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

Even after UMass moves to their upgraded on-campus stadium they will use Gillette for marquee games. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I remember reading it isn't a big deal to import the Madden stadiums.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
Even after UMass moves to their upgraded on-campus stadium they will use Gillette for marquee games. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I remember reading it isn't a big deal to import the Madden stadiums.
you might be right I'm just thinking of UW playing at Quest (or whatever it's called now) was never added and Illinois playing at Soldiers was also never added so I don't have hope for this one either, but like I said really praying to be wrong because I have a mess of teambuilder teams who would love to call Gillette home
Old 06-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
you might be right I'm just thinking of UW playing at Quest (or whatever it's called now) was never added and Illinois playing at Soldiers was also never added so I don't have hope for this one either, but like I said really praying to be wrong because I have a mess of teambuilder teams who would love to call Gillette home
Soldier Field is a different situation altogether (Madden doesn't even have the rights to call it by its name), besides it was Northern Illinois who played their and they've only done so 3 times (with plans for a 4th in 2016). They play there against teams from the surrounding states that would exceed their small stadium (they get more money by playing a 'home' game in front of the other team's crowd at Soldier Field). Washington was only in Qwest Field (well CenturyLink Field now), for a season and 1 game.

If UMass is going to be there until 2016 then they should definitely put Gillette in the game (especially if it isn't very difficult to transfer a game from Madden).

It's also important to note that both of those schools had stadiums already in the game. Despite the fact that Husky Stadium was undergoing major renovations during 2012 in NCAA 13 you could still play there without having to navigate through construction equipment.

In the past EA has simply kept the stadium as it was until the new one was complete and they could go there and get all the info they need to render it in the game. In this situation EA won't be able to do that until 2014.

I read up on the details and the Stadium will be finished in time for the 2014 season, but the contract they signed with Gillette requires them to play at least 4 games there through 2016. Which means they would only be able to play between 2 and 3 games at their own place. So while EA will be able to have the new UMass Stadium in the game in time for NCAA 16 (they don't go to the stadiums until they are finished, so if it isn't done by a certain point early in 2014 they won't be able to get it in in time for NCAA 15), at that point UMass would still be playing the majority of their games in Gillette for 1 more season.

Also the likelihood of them updating UMass's stadium in the 360/PS3 version at that point is very slim (they will be focusing on next gen and making slight mods to the previous gen similar to what we saw with the PS2 version of the game).

Here's to hoping they put it in, and preferably that it's already in this year's game!
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »