Home

Texas Tech!

This is a discussion on Texas Tech! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2003, 02:32 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Texas Tech!

Oh my, I just finished playing these guys in my Texas A&M Dynasty and they are so much like real life. BJ Symons threw 52 times for 475 yards and 5 TD's. Tech lead into the half 31-28. I went on to win this one 56-38. I shut them down pretty much the whole second half. I knew this would happen so I figured I'd have to outscore them since their defense sucks. Great game!

In other news, I scored my first upset of the dynasty (year 1). I knocked off #7 Pitt 23-10. I limited Larry Fitzgerald to 3 catches 45 yards. My defense played great.

Almost upset #5 Virginia Tech but lost 31-28.

Glad I re-purchased this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2003, 02:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Texas Tech!

As a Tech alum I adjusted their rosters and ratings and made them pretty much exactly what they are in real life. I ended up with an A offense and B defense and B+ overall which I think is about right. I decided to start a dynasty with Baylor and Tech threw a lot to Glover and Henderson in the 1st quarter and I couldn't stop it but then they became very predictable and I was able to win a 17-10 battle with a very overachieving Baylor. I'm 22-12 or somewhere around there one game into my 3rd year. I was offered a contract to Iowa but turned them down.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:56 PM   #3
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

As a Tech alum I adjusted their rosters and ratings and made them pretty much exactly what they are in real life. I ended up with an A offense and B defense and B+ overall which I think is about right. I decided to start a dynasty with Baylor and Tech threw a lot to Glover and Henderson in the 1st quarter and I couldn't stop it but then they became very predictable and I was able to win a 17-10 battle with a very overachieving Baylor. I'm 22-12 or somewhere around there one game into my 3rd year. I was offered a contract to Iowa but turned them down.

Only B defense?you're way too generous!jk
Old 12-19-2003, 07:12 PM   #4
Rookie

haha, The sad thing is that if we were in Conference USA and didn't play NCState and Miss then we'd have a top 50 D this year.
Old 12-20-2003, 12:05 AM   #5
Rookie

twohourride's Arena

I use Tech also and in the first 3 games, Symons is over 1000 yards passing. I am 0-3 though...my D needs work, so much like real life Red Raiders! I lost 42-30 to Connecticut, 58-56 to TCU in 3 OT's (greatest game score of 1326), and 35-21 to NC State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2003, 10:42 AM   #6
Rookie

The game really has the Tech players underrated. Adjust the offense to an A and the defense to a B and special teams at B and you'll have a more accurate team. I'm in my 3rd year of my Baylor dynasty and Tech is doing just about what they should. Interesting thing is that UT and OU are both dropping off. I just need to recruit some stud linebackers. Haven't been able to in 3 recruiting classes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »