Home

is '14 the year defensive players can win heisman?

This is a discussion on is '14 the year defensive players can win heisman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7
is '14 the year defensive players can win heisman?

Its no secret that Ncaa games favor offensive players for the Heisman. Example I had a LB get 70 tackles and 32 sacks in a season and never even got on the Heisman watch. I knpw those numbers are very ridiculous and to never get a heisman chance is crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: is '14 the year defensive players can win heisman?

While your example is a little head scratching as to why he wasn't even considered for the Heisman,

Its no secret that offensive players are favored over defensive players in real life too..
Old 06-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #3
Rookie

JDakathebest's Arena

OVR: 0

It would be a nice touch to have defensive players be in the running I remember in NCAA 12 one year in my dynasty a full back with 400 yards rushing came in 3rd behind RG3 and one of the players on my team so hopefully it is possible
Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
While your example is a little head scratching as to why he wasn't even considered for the Heisman,

Its no secret that offensive players are favored over defensive players in real life too..
Only one defensive player has ever won the Heisman, Charles Woodson who was a DB. Of all the great LBs over the years, none has won it.

That being said one year (I think '09) I created a LB and had something like 190 tak, 90 sack, 18 INT, and 14 defensive TDs. I did not play that player on the offensive side of the ball (the easy way to get on the heisman rankings quickly) and won the award. The next year I did even better and was passed over by a HB who had only 1,500 yards rushing and 14 TDs.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Had a guy who was listed as a CB but played a lot WR for me too. Got him as a 4 star athlete at MTSU so he was 6'3" 215. He had 9 picks his best defensive season and somewhere around 15 TDs and 900 yards or so receiving. He was my team that year, and his whole career actually. Patrick Cotton, the biggest fastest white guy in college football (97 speed, 94 ACC)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratospaly
Only one defensive player has ever won the Heisman, Charles Woodson who was a DB. Of all the great LBs over the years, none has won it.

That being said one year (I think '09) I created a LB and had something like 190 tak, 90 sack, 18 INT, and 14 defensive TDs. I did not play that player on the offensive side of the ball (the easy way to get on the heisman rankings quickly) and won the award. The next year I did even better and was passed over by a HB who had only 1,500 yards rushing and 14 TDs.
And Woodson also played some WR too, no?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
Rookie

420 others's Arena

OVR: 2

You'll have to wait till 17' because Clowney will win it this year, and EA will add in 3 years later lol
Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
Its no secret that Ncaa games favor offensive players for the Heisman.
It's no secret that real life favors offensive players for the Heisman.

Only 1 defensive guy has ever won it and he had to play both ways and return punts to get it.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »