Home

Recruiting Changes= end of NCAA for me.

This is a discussion on Recruiting Changes= end of NCAA for me. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
The recruiting we had last year and before would have been alright if it wasn't for the slow menus
Old 06-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Recruiting Changes= end of NCAA for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
The recruiting we had last year and before would have been alright if it wasn't for the slow menus
Not really. The actual process of selecting pitches individually through ten hours of calls gets tedious regardless of menu speed. And if the solution to that is quick calls, then the point system with your pitches being used as automatic bonus points sounds like a better idea than that as well.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Question for the OP. What is the difference between making the phone call and pressing 10 buttons to get 300 points that week or just setting the board to give that player 300 points in the new setup....if you guessed 10 real life minutes then you are correct.

I dont think the process has been dumb down. like someone said before it's been streamlined. And is actually more in depth. look at the key changes.

Recruiting visits: competitive visits, scheduling late and for big games give an advantage. Before it was rumored that rivarly games gave you better visits. But how many times did you expect to get an A+ visit only to get a A-/B+. We finally have clarity about what to expect from visits.

Deal Breakers: This is a critical addition. In real life sometimes a kid just isn't intrested regardless of the coaches resume or school tradition http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...wn-urban-meyer
Before any 5* powerhouse could make a push for any kid in the nation and thats just not realistic.

Offseason 1 week/Kids holding out when it's a close race: Thank You. 5 weeks of recruiting on top of the previous 14 was just too much by the time you got 5 years in. Now it's one week to clean up on the kid who held out all year.

I don't think you should throw in the towel before trying this new system. It looks far more in depth in all aspect except for the phone mini game which personally was cool at first but now i find it just tedious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

All i know, i'm excited for '14, i'm excited to build a program. I'm glad t-ragic is a senior and i'll be able to go after a pocket passer qb my first season.

let me tell you more about the big run blocking center i'm about to recruit....

:thumbsup:

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #13
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
All i know, i'm excited for '14, i'm excited to build a program. I'm glad t-ragic is a senior and i'll be able to go after a pocket passer qb my first season.

let me tell you more about the big run blocking center i'm about to recruit....

:thumbsup:
Im with you man, im going to be using OU and doing the same thing. Getting rid of that air it out crap and going to be building this team around a smash mouth offense. SEC (Bama) style offense, down hill running, big backs and big lineman.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #14
Rookie

mgjohns61585's Arena

OVR: 3

IMO The phone calls got boring and extremely tedious. It needed a change.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm looking forward to the new recruiting system. Even with the old 1 I still like that I had to have a good strategy for how I went after those big recruits that 11 other guys in the dyn wanted also. The old recruiting system started to become too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
Im with you man, im going to be using OU and doing the same thing. Getting rid of that air it out crap and going to be building this team around a smash mouth offense. SEC (Bama) style offense, down hill running, big backs and big lineman.
I love that grown man football offense Bama uses. I think I'll see how both the Air raid/Spread Option and the Grown Man Offense is before I decide which 1. I kinda want to use Tx A&M tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »