Home

Recruiting Changes= end of NCAA for me.

This is a discussion on Recruiting Changes= end of NCAA for me. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #25
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Recruiting Changes= end of NCAA for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
You guys do point out some good additions to the new system, but I still prefer the old one. Through reading the comments, you guys have convinced me to at least give it a chance.

I just liked the phone call system. It was "tedious" but recruiting players in real life is tedious. Sure teams like FAU and WKU shouldn't be getting 4 stars, but that really only happens if you are playing with them. And why not be able to get them?

Any ways getting off topic. My impression came from the videos, which essentially just should a point slot increasing. I'll give it a shot, though.
Fair enough. However, I think that just because it's tedious in real life, doesn't mean it has to be represented as such in the game. To each his own, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakHusker
Fair enough. However, I think that just because it's tedious in real life, doesn't mean it has to be represented as such in the game. To each his own, though.

exactly I will gladly take Nick Saban's 6m a year to tediously call 17/18 year olds.

To me the phone call was a sham. you pick pitches that gave you the most points and repeat. there was very little fear when calling a recruit of something negative happening.

Now the original phone call with the football head that represented the players emotions that was uncapped on how much time you could spend on a recruit was fun and required skill. You had to know just how far to push the recruit. How much could you spam one subject before moving to the next. Dumping 8 hours a week on the best QB. But the latest phone call that capped at an hour with pre-determined points per pitch wasn't as exciting and didn't require any skill other than 3rd grade math.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #27
Pro

Xero Theory 42's Arena

OVR: 5

http://coachingsearch.com/home/3431-...-captains.html

I saw this article just now and i didnt know what topic to talk about it in but il bring it up here, Recruits definetly need some personality, we need to know more about their high school career when recruiting them. If you want to follow MSU, you should be able to see what guys were captains, maybe those guys have a boost in their AWR that is invisible during scouting. Or a kid who turns out to be a bust has great work ethic and leadership, he'll work harder than normal recruits to make up for the lost points. on the other hand, if a Gatorade State player of the year is considered a gem or may be lazy, he'll sit back on his high school glory and not work as hard. I know work ethic and personalities have been in other threads, but I think it's something to remember for next year. My two cents.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #28
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm interested to see what they've done with this new recruiting, but I still have a major gripe with the scouting process - knowing both the overall and player tendency throughout the process.

It'd be nice to let the individual make assumptions as to what the player tendency is through scouting. It's too easy to guess which attributes will jump/fall when scouting. I had a Possession WR with everything but an "A" Speed uncovered on '13. I chose not to scout him anymore since chances were pretty good his Speed would drop. Sure enough he entered with low 80s Speed.

The overall can lead to having a pretty good idea of the player's Awareness and just seems silly that after (essentially) watching high school games/tapes you would know exactly how good he'd be at the college level.

Honestly, I think the letter grades from '12 and prior worked well. You knew the range in which a specific attribute would fall, but didn't know exactly what it was. If the scouting was to reveal that an "A" was an A+, A-, or even dropped to a B it would be a lot better.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #29
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
You guys do point out some good additions to the new system, but I still prefer the old one.
How can you prefer the old system to a system you haven't even tried yet?

Glad to see you're going to give it a go - I think it'll surprise you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »