Home

NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #65
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Mark me down as loving the new cam.......it's pretty darn good IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #66
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Game looks prettier because the colors pop more. Swerve running is a huge pet peeve and I can't understand how in a year where you're touting the run game you can't get the look of it down right. Cutscenes are annoying and ridiculous at this point. Get some Real Time Presentation already where things happen naturally and organically instead of cutscenes at camera angles we never see in real life.

If i were to get this game this would be the camera angle i'd play at. Closer you get, uglier the game gets and the more you notice the flaws. But really it doesn't look like that drastic of a difference, just that the colors pop more.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #67
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video - Miami Hurricanes vs. Georgia Bulldogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Mark me down as loving the new cam.......it's pretty darn good IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. Love it!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqey4Ts9nRQ

This video has some good examples of some 5-step drops as well as examples of the pockets collapsing. Overall I think this aspect of the game is much improved this year.
Thanks, fellas. These responses are super helpful. The ND footage was a good indication of what they've done with the pocket. The 2nd play shows the RDE dipping his shoulder and getting past the RT much more realistically than the patty-cake BS of yesteryear.

You can also see that the edge rush and pocket have a push/depth to it that is much more realistic. It makes me realize how bad previous games were in this regard.

I'll tip my hat to EA on this one. The game looks good.

Final question about this: does the game play and look the same on PS3 as XBOX 360? I've typically played 360 games but mine broke and I got a PS3 to play The Show.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #69
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk90514
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqey4Ts9nRQ

This video has some good examples of some 5-step drops as well as examples of the pockets collapsing. Overall I think this aspect of the game is much improved this year.
watch at :23. Focus on Receiver A, just runs by defenders while they stay squatted in 1 spot and leave him WIDE open and cover no one in the area. Defender lined up on the left slot WR literally runs to his area in the zone and stops and sits there. I'm assuming it's a cover 4 since the CBs & safeties all drop deep but I can't get over how the guys underneath hardly move and have no awareness of anyone coming in their zone.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #70
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
That Coordinator Camera is sick! Will definitely be using that when I get the game.
That camera is nice but I'm curious if they still have the broadcast cam from ncaa 12 (didn't buy 13). I didn't see an option for it when he flipped thru cams...
Old 06-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #71
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
watch at :23. Focus on Receiver A, just runs by defenders while they stay squatted in 1 spot and leave him WIDE open and cover no one in the area. Defender lined up on the left slot WR literally runs to his area in the zone and stops and sits there. I'm assuming it's a cover 4 since the CBs & safeties all drop deep but I can't get over how the guys underneath hardly move and have no awareness of anyone coming in their zone.
Looks to me like they freeze when the QB moves up close to the LOS after getting hit. They are playing zone in the other two plays, and the defenders definitely follow guys, like on the INT play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #72
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
Looks to me like they freeze when the QB moves up close to the LOS after getting hit. They are playing zone in the other two plays, and the defenders definitely follow guys, like on the INT play.
watch the defender covering the slot receiver on the left side. Ball is snapped he literally runs to where he is assigned to go, turns, then never moves. QB hadn't even stepped forward by then. Receiver runs past a LB in the middle and that defender that was originally on the slot never moves an inch to attempt to cover him. If the DE didn't put pressure on the QB that's an easy 40+ yard gain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »