Home

NCAA Football 14 Video Interview with Ben Haumiller

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Video Interview with Ben Haumiller within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #17
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 14 Video Interview with Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
They haven't said anything about cleats or teambuilder. Everything this year was to fix gameplay and dynasty. Major issues were downfield blocking, certain plays not working, exp WR screens and bubble screens.

Some of you guys need to stop bashing just bash.
I think at this point though it's kind of warranted.. if they can't get the little stuff right why in the world should we believe the big stuff is fixed or better??
Old 06-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #18
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Then why continue to come on a complain. I understand some of you guys are frustrated, but if it were me, I'd just stop buying the game and move on.

IMO, being this mad and pissed off over games is just crazy to me. Maybe because I'm older, I just don't have the time and energy to continually hate on something that's out of my control.

I mean, you guys can do what you do, I just don't see the point...

To ak21, 20 of your 21 posts are complaints (warranted or not) abut lack of features and missing additions that should be in a game. Does it piss you off that much, that you have to keep posting your disdain for a company? I get where you're coming from, but at what point does someone just say, I'm done? If I were you... That's what I would do. Again, not bashing, just trying to find the logic to all the negative posts that probably won't get read by someone at EA.

Sorry for the rant, back on topic...

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 06-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree ncaa has been a major disappointment this gen, as it lacks simple yet immersive features that were on last gen as well as other features implemented in other games this gen that ncaa has either failed or not tried. With that being said, this is the most excited I have been for an ncaa game in years. It looks like they have put the focus back on gameplay and dynasty, where it should be. Hopefully, they can learn from their mistakes this gen and with next gen technology and more RAM they can make the graphical and gameplay improvements needed to take this game to the next level. You have to remember that EA is trying to program 22 players as well as huge 100,000 capacity stadiums. Almost no other game has to deal with that and I would imagine EA is at close to max RAM, which probably accounts for some of the errors we see. Although EA has failed us before, I am optimistic about the future of this franchise. NCAA 14 will definitely be a first day purchase for me.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #20
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm older too and haven't bought the game in 2 years, and I'm not pissed off about it either, it's gotten to the point where it's laughably bad how we accept these "improvements" every year when other games like NBA 2k and MLB The Show blow EA Sports out of the water in terms of quality.. it's not even close

I say keep hating on an inferior product until it's fixed, what have we got to lose
Old 06-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
I'm older too and haven't bought the game in 2 years, and I'm not pissed off about it either, it's gotten to the point where it's laughably bad how we accept these "improvements" every year when other games like NBA 2k and MLB The Show blow EA Sports out of the water in terms of quality.. it's not even close

I say keep hating on an inferior product until it's fixed, what have we got to lose
I just want people to have realistic expectations for this franchise. That may be difficult, in part, because NCAA really overachieved last gen. I remember NCAA 06 and 07 on the PS2 being right on par if not better than the other sports games. However, today NCAA is not going the resources a Madden or FIFA gets. But, it is how you spend those resources that separate good games from bad. In the past few years, NCAA has not always spend those resources where they should (see Heisman Challenge, NCAA 13). Yet, this year they have put the focus back on gameplay and dynasty. While everything might not have gotten perfected this year, if NCAA continues to put the focus on gameplay and dynasty for the first few years of next gen, before they try going off in a different direction, this franchise will again be back on par with the NBA 2k and MLB the shows of the world.

Now, back on topic. I failed to mention in my first summation of the interview that Ben said there would an option for the speed your coach levels up. This is huge for me as this not a one size fits all thing. As I have suggested before, if you are thinking about adding a feature, but you are not if everyone will like it, just add an on/off switch. It really is that simple. If EA gave more freedom in tuning the game ourselves through sliders, there would be much less complaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #22
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

On the plus side, this pretty much confirms that this isn't the last NCAA game.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:40 AM   #23
Banned

GetReal's Arena

I wish nothing but the best for Ben Harbringer. I wish he would Just stay away from NCAA...please...
Old 06-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
To ak21, 20 of your 21 posts are complaints (warranted or not) abut lack of features and missing additions that should be in a game. Does it piss you off that much, that you have to keep posting your disdain for a company? I get where you're coming from, but at what point does someone just say, I'm done? If I were you... That's what I would do. Again, not bashing, just trying to find the logic to all the negative posts that probably won't get read by someone at EA.
I hear ya, just frustrated is all. Been playing EA's ncaa games since 1998, the lack of attention to detail does bother me. I look at madden and see how accurate that game is and know they have the ability to make the game more accurate with stadiums, player equipment, and most important gameplay. I know they are trying but when they recognize errors and say "next year", thats why im frustrated. I hope that they can correct things with the next gens cuz the wheels have spun on the current platforms (ps3 & xbox 360), imo ps2 had better ncaa games. Also because of the exclusive rights deal I also have no other choice but EA. On the bright side this company does have a better looking future then the xbox one after E3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »