Home

NCAA 14 Ratings Question

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 Ratings Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10
NCAA 14 Ratings Question

So I saw the top 10 player ratings for each team and I was looking at their BTK ratings. I wanted to know what the rating does. I know that elusiveness and trucking are what drive broken tackles (trucking for power backs and elusiveness for seed) but what exactly does the BTK rating do?

The Black Mamba has a 87 BTK rating. This would make sense, but then I see Taylor Martinez who has a 77 BTK rating. Does it even matter in breaking tackles any way?

(Also, just to clarify, I understand that BTK stands for 'Broken Tackle')

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA 14 Ratings Question

Break tackle, elusiveness and trucking all do the same thing, break tackles. In reality break tackle rating was replaced years ago, NCAA team for some reason still holds on to it. Don't matter which one of the 3 is high, a high number in either category will give you the same result, broken tackle.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Break tackle, elusiveness and trucking all do the same thing, break tackles. In reality break tackle rating was replaced years ago, NCAA team for some reason still holds on to it. Don't matter which one of the 3 is high, a high number in either category will give you the same result, broken tackle.
Cool, thank you. I'm a big fan of your ratings work by the way. I re-edited my whole NCAA 12 roster last year by hand following your discoveries. Best gameplay I ever had by far. Best CPU vs. CPU as well.

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 06-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #4
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

Hopefully they get rid of the useless ratings next gen. Just a waste of disc space.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I always figured Trucking was how good the player was at trucking, Elusiveness was how good the player was at eluding defenders with jukes/spins etc, and break tackle was something that was just the players ability at breaking tackles in general, the higher the greater the chance. I highly doubt its 'useless' like some of you are saying. Its like the catching rating in relation to Catch in Traffic or Spectacular Catch. A higher catching rating means a higher chance of making catches in general and would help the player with catching in traffic or spectacular catch as well, similar to how break tackle can help a player truck or elude a defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2013, 12:22 AM   #6
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
Hopefully they get rid of the useless ratings next gen. Just a waste of disc space.
Agreed. To make space for some more passing ratings hopefully. Also they need to make their pointless ratings work...I'm looking at you route running...

Old 06-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
Agreed. To make space for some more passing ratings hopefully. Also they need to make their pointless ratings work...I'm looking at you route running...
Uhh.. I find it easy to tell the difference between good route runners and bad route runners on NCAA 13, and find it to be a very very useful rating for receivers. Most of my best WRs were the slow, great hands, great route running types. They cut faster on their routes and get open better. I think calling it useless is quite a stretch..
Old 06-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #8
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

@Bleedgreen
I know what you're getting at and I think that if they simplified the ratings and made them more dynamic (hate using that word) then we would truly be able to 'feel' the difference between a power back and speed back for example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »