Home

NCAA Football 14 Playbook 5 - Season

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Playbook 5 - Season within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #41
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: NCAA Football 14 Playbook 5 - Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
"It was added because it took very little effort"

Effort is how hard you work on something. He just used the wrong word. If you put little effort into something then you aren't trying your best at it,
You drew that from that? I realize people love to hammer EA for the sake of hammering EA, and in most cases EA deserves it, but this is a serious attempt to turn an innocuous post in to something it's not based on semantics.

That wasn't the intent of his post, and I'm pretty sure you know that or at least I hope you do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #42
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You drew that from that? I realize people love to hammer EA for the sake of hammering EA, and in most cases EA deserves it, but this is a serious attempt to turn an innocuous post in to something it's not based on semantics.

That wasn't the intent of his post, and I'm pretty sure you know that or at least I hope you do.
No, it really struck me as something EA would say. We added this because we didnt have to work hard to do it. That's pretty much what he's saying.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 1

...Yeah, that's exactly what he's saying. And that's perfectly ok. Had it been really hard to add Season mode it wouldn't have been worth doing because it is a niche thing. Since it was easy they could do it without sacrificing other parts of the game.

I really like the addition, it all had to do with psychology. If I start a dynasty with a team and just play a season I feel like I'm 'missing out' on a lot of the dynasty stuff, and there's no sense of completion when the season is over. With season mode I won't get those feelings. Do I know that's all in my head? Yep. Do I care? Nope. Good addition.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #44
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
No, it really struck me as something EA would say. We added this because we didnt have to work hard to do it. That's pretty much what he's saying.
That's not what he said at all. Read it in context.

You're really reaching here.

Only on OS would people find something to complain about when EA actually adds a feature people would actually use or want.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #45
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
You're treading on thin ice right now. How much effort is it taking you to insult a an EA employee and the develpers?
Hey, stop making crap games and I won't insult them. And actually I'm not even insulting him. He said what he said. And you can't tell me that doesn't sound like something we haven't heard this whole gen. I mean if someone who is supposed to be professional is talking like this is an open forum then no wonder we are getting the quality of game we are.

And about as much effort as ea uses to create their games?

Don't take up for them. They won't ever get better if they don't get honest criticism. There is no excuse for what they have givin us this gen. When you look at the other sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #46
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's not what he said at all. Read it in context.

You're really reaching here.

Only on OS would people find something to complain about when EA actually adds a feature people would actually use or want.
By his words they didn't add anything, technically. They stripped it down.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #47
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Hey, stop making crap games and I won't insult them. And actually I'm not even insulting him. He said what he said. And you can't tell me that doesn't sound like something we haven't heard this whole gen. I mean if someone who is supposed to be professional is talking like this is an open forum then no wonder we are getting the quality of game we are.

And about as much effort as ea uses to create their games?

Don't take up for them. They won't ever get better if they don't get honest criticism. There is no excuse for what they have givin us this gen. When you look at the other sports games.
Yeah turning some minor comment in to something it's clearly not really will help improve the game. Well played.

thanks for the help, the community really appreciates it.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #48
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
By his words they didn't add anything, technically. They stripped it down.
And out came a mode that several of us will take advantage of. Not seeing the negatives.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »