Home

Recruiting for the Flexbone

This is a discussion on Recruiting for the Flexbone within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting for the Flexbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikka
I was going to say I have had some moderate success recruiting TE's in the 6'1 230lbs - 6'2 250lbs range with 4.6 speed and converting them to Fullback. Don't just limit your B-Back options to Power RB's. You can find some speed TE's and convert. May need a RS to adjust to the redshirt year and gain attributes but it's always a viable option. Acceleration is key for B-Back.

Throw out a few position ideas. Was wondering if anyone had success with these:

Running Fullback ---> FB/B-Back
Running Fullback ---> HB/A-Back
Speedster Receivers ---> HB/A-Back
Blocking Tight End ---> Offensive linemen
Any Skill position ---> Quarterback
Old 06-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR3AMnCR1MS0N
hey jello, I know it's off topic, but did you go to MSU for "academic reasons"
This made me laugh, not gonna lie.

I assume he grew up a UM fan but had to attend a lesser school as you said. No shame in not qualifying for Michigan, though. Of course I wouldn't ever go to MSU as a UM fan, I would go to another school.

Last edited by NobodyColts; 06-26-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #19
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
Throw out a few position ideas. Was wondering if anyone had success with these:

Running Fullback ---> FB/B-Back
Running Fullback ---> HB/A-Back
Speedster Receivers ---> HB/A-Back
Blocking Tight End ---> Offensive linemen
Any Skill position ---> Quarterback
Honestly didn't mess with much flexbone in 13' due to it not being as crisp as it should be. I may give it a shot in 14 with a custom playbook.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #20
Rookie

Slackarelli's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Here's gonna be the best collection of guys on the topic. Hit us with your best shot.
Ok well ask away and I'll give all of the knowledge I have. Always take an athlete at QB. You always want to redshirt him as well and start him as late as possible. AWR is the most important thing with him. He can be the best runner on your team but if he cant execute the offense it will be all for nothing. I ran the option very well with barkley because of his AWR. I eventually wounded up using Utah because both of their QB's had the AWR, BCV, and throwing ability to make the offense come as alive as possible in 13. The reason I would always take a TE over a WR is because ANY receiving TE will be ions better at run blocking than any recruit at receiver. So as i stated earlier you can move him to WR immediately with the blocking ability he has or keep him at tight end and sub him ijn the packages (what i would recommend). Because a TE's blocking will already be there, catching and route running will be the 2 most important things to look for. I rarely if ever place a TE at B-back for that reason. To place him there he will have to be a stud of a receiving TE. The first thing I would do is keep him at TE so that when my A-Back does receive a pitch the corner on that side will be on the ground and out of the play. Speed is way less important than those 3 attributes (CTH, RTE, RBK) because after getting gashed so much your opponent WILL start to run commit unless he KNOWS why he shouldn't. Also look at Athletes for A-Back. If you don't keep more than 5 receivers on your roster you should always be able to snag an ATH with decent hands and running ability just because his it will appear as is his chances to start are higher. Also, while recruiting athletes keep in mind that you should sign 1 QB, B-Back, and A-Back a year. This way if you wind up with three decent ball carriers and one has THP of 80+ you know where he should go. If one has little to no ability to catch the ball, you know where he should go. If you find an Ath with great hands he should ALWAYS go at A-Back regardless of speed UNLESS he is a much better passer than any of your other recruits. In my experience THP doesn't develop during dynasty so THP is more important than THA. Keep that in mind
Old 06-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #21
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slackarelli
Ok well ask away and I'll give all of the knowledge I have. Always take an athlete at QB. You always want to redshirt him as well and start him as late as possible. AWR is the most important thing with him. He can be the best runner on your team but if he cant execute the offense it will be all for nothing. I ran the option very well with barkley because of his AWR. I eventually wounded up using Utah because both of their QB's had the AWR, BCV, and throwing ability to make the offense come as alive as possible in 13.
So this caught my attention. I didn't think AWR had any impact when actually playing the game. What kind of impact does it have on QBs and how they run the offense?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
So this caught my attention. I didn't think AWR had any impact when actually playing the game. What kind of impact does it have on QBs and how they run the offense?
If the QB is controlled by a human AWR has no effect IMO. It is all based on your football knowledge and ability to read what the defense is doing.

If the QB is CPU controlled the AWR basically is the ability of the CPU to read & react properly to what other CPU/Human controlled players on the defense are doing. Example, if the DE comes crashing in then option the ball out to your HB. Or if the DE stays put waiting for you to come running out, hand it off to your FB and run it up the middle. Or if you see the DB's cheating up & playing press coverage it will call and audible and try to go over the top
Old 06-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #23
Rookie

In Ncaa 12 I ran the flexbone a few seasons with great success. I recruited mostly speed at all positions. This what I had:

A powerback with speed at fullback to get those tough yards between the tackles. But, If he got a bit of daylight the defense wasn't going to catch him from behind. I won the heisman with him.

Tall but speedy WRs who could catch and block.

For my "B" backs I used a WR who had high carry rating and some toughness. But mostly to run the option routes. RBs just don't run those routes the right way. Now the other "B" back was a speedy RB that would break free at anytime. And he only had to run streaks, out routes or flat routes.

Oh yeah, I had really fast QBs who could break tackles.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #24
Rookie

Slackarelli's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkfan11
If the QB is controlled by a human AWR has no effect IMO. It is all based on your football knowledge and ability to read what the defense is doing.

If the QB is CPU controlled the AWR basically is the ability of the CPU to read & react properly to what other CPU/Human controlled players on the defense are doing. Example, if the DE comes crashing in then option the ball out to your HB. Or if the DE stays put waiting for you to come running out, hand it off to your FB and run it up the middle. Or if you see the DB's cheating up & playing press coverage it will call and audible and try to go over the top
Well you could always do this. Play a game using Ohio State and USC on 13. make sure both teams are using the flexbone offense. Play with both sides for 1qtr or 1 half each and tell me who you feel runs the option better; Barkley or Miller. I'll almost guarantee it'll be Barkley. Miller is the better runner without a doubt but Barkley's awareness makes his ability to "fake" out the defenders with his reads better. Now keep in mind that was 13. 14 may be a little bit different but I doubt it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »