Home

Team Entrances

This is a discussion on Team Entrances within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Team Entrances

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
nope they got rid of them. Now they show highlights of the game before the game.

NBA 2K does this as well. I've had highlights of my single player in the intro before he even suited up as an NBA player. I think these intros are going to be either "love them or hate them".

Mostly "hate them" in this thread, I suppose.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

They have the entrances, they are just used in a montage like form with a music video type thing this year, so they don't get as repetitive. I think they are watered down in the demo for file size or something because in an E3 video of Akron and Maryland it looks better. Also I think during the presentation playbook they stated that in Dynasty Mode these intros will have highlights from your actual games.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #11
Rookie

theycallmeSEABASS's Arena

OVR: 4

The new intros are visible in the E3 videos people put up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

I'm not hating on it, it's just a bit jarring seeing 'highlights' of a game I'm about to play.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
NBA 2K does this as well. I've had highlights of my single player in the intro before he even suited up as an NBA player. I think these intros are going to be either "love them or hate them".

Mostly "hate them" in this thread, I suppose.
yea difference though with basketball is you play teams more than once a year so other than the 1st time you play a team you can mentally chalk it up as highlights of a previous game. Can't really do that with football.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

It'd be less weird if they just made the other teams uniform whoever they played last. Maybe do a little special 'opening game' thing for the weekend and after that do exactly what it does now just with the last team played.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

“So now the game starts out in the studio with Rece Davis, then when he kicks things down to the field, the game shows a quick music video showing highlights, fans, players, tradition, and run-outs all based on each school. Before you know it, you’re at the coin toss and you’re ready to start your game.” http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tec...p-presentation

And check out this podcast if you haven't because Christian goes into deeper detail at 31:30 explaining the pregame. http://www.operationsports.com/news/...-included-tgt/

I will say that it would be sweet if next year they allow gamers to use custom soundtracks for these pregame music videos though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #16
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

While I really liked the '13 intros, they did need to be streamlined a bit. You had Rece setting up the game, and then Nessler basically doing the same thing 20 seconds later. Would have been great to randomly get one of them each game. And then you have a handful of animations of cheerleaders, fans, players stretching, etc....most of which really added to the atmosphere, but we didn't need to see all of the them every time. Again, randomizing them would have added some variety.

But add me to those who hate the futuristic montage. I hated it in Fifa and NBA as well. Not a game killer but definitely hurts the immersion when right out of the gate I have to rationalize what I am seeing "Well I guess this non conference game could have happened last year...in this same stadium...and neither team had any Seniors". It just seems weird.

Of the thousands of things people have put in the wishlist threads, I don't recall ever reading "They need to show fantasy pregame highlights of the game I am about the play"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »