Home

Have EA been playing us?

This is a discussion on Have EA been playing us? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Have EA been playing us?

I'm far from being a tin foil hat guy. Honestly.

I'm so impressed with the NCAA Demo it has got me questioning.

Is this a sales strategy? Could EA have made this game all along? The last year before next gen they release what looks like two fantastic football games ( madden has been received well at E3) Has it really taken 7-8 years to perfect what was already really good on PS2 and Xbox?

Are we just at the end of anther EA cycle? put out two fantastic games just before next gen?

As I say I'm no conspiracy theorist but NCAA 14 has come out of the blue after years of mediocrity.

I look forward to seeing if this trend continues with the next gen games.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Have EA been playing us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874

Is this a sales strategy? Could EA have made this game all along? The last year before next gen they release what looks like two fantastic football games ( madden has been received well at E3) Has it really taken 7-8 years to perfect what was already really good on PS2 and Xbox?

Are we just at the end of anther EA cycle? put out two fantastic games just before next gen?

As I say I'm no conspiracy theorist but NCAA 14 has come out of the blue after years of mediocrity.

I noticed that with the final versions of NCAA on xbox and PS2. They were easily the best of the series.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 06-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874

I was thinking the same thing but didnt want the criticism that comes with stating certain things.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Considering NCAA (and all EA sports games) are iterative series, and that they tend to scrap everything and rebuild on new consoles, it isn't surprising at all that the last one in any given console is the best.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

It is a possibility......

OR

The doubling the size of the dev team actually worked to their advantage....

OR

Cam Webber cracked that whip and set them to a new higher level of standard that their old boss might not have had.

========================================

Either way, what ever the reason, I am happy. Kind of funny though all the stuff I been screaming for, for the past 7 years is FINALLY done in the game. All that talk of RAM limitations, disc space limitations of the Xbox 360, not enough time in a one year cycle, etc just totally went out the window for NCAA 14.

1. They not only added infinity engine, but improved it.

2. They fixed locomotion. Now locomotion feels and plays out exactly how they described it would be in NCAA 11.

3. They got Real Assignment AI working correctly.

4. They got zones finally working correctly.

5. CPU ball carriers actually use their special moves now.

6. CPU can finally run the option. Not only the basic option, but even the shovel option correctly.

7. They made stiff arms actually matter and make it worth while doing.

8. Players actually plant their feet when they cut.

9. Acceleration has a way more gradual feel to it. No longer is it so instant that you get to top speed.

10. They over hauled dynasty.

11. Added a new mode to the game for the 2nd year in a row.

12. They added a training mini game.

13. Special teams is finally improved. Returners no longer run straight ahead head on into a wall of defenders.

So yeah, they did a lot in one dev cycle. Quite impressive. In a way it does make one wonder why they didn't do this before years ago. But hey, like I said, I'm happy. It is here now, so I am just going to enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
Banned

mailman2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
Considering NCAA (and all EA sports games) are iterative series, and that they tend to scrap everything and rebuild on new consoles, it isn't surprising at all that the last one in any given console is the best.
Yeah but this is SO MUCH BETTER than 13.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #7
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

im not following what your conspiracy theory is. how would EA benefit from purposely waiting until the last year of the current gen to make a good game?
Old 06-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

The way the game feels makes it 100x better in it self.

Now the bar is finally set! No going back because if they do NCAA 14 could be the game to stick with because it could have it all down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »