Home

Defensive Minded.....

This is a discussion on Defensive Minded..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #9
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Defensive Minded.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I think this is a huge need and needs to be added. I always play with MLB and i get eaten up by blocks on runs. Only way is to run a circle around the block. I should be able to shed a block left or right with some success at least every so often rather than being engulfed for 5 seconds like every OL is Orlando Pace.
im not really experiencing this in the demo. its not impossible to rip away.

also, it doesnt take an orlando pace type player to dominate a linebacker. next time you watch a game, watch it a little closer. i see good linebackers get completely taken out of plays all the time because a lineman got their hands on him.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

The point is that when being blocked u can't release in either direction and its to slow in playing out when you do. I feel it's the same when playing as a defensive lineman too...
Old 06-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

OVR: 0

The only way for a Offensive player to block a defender's lateral movement is by holding or flat-backing them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by War34Eagle
Honestly I think this will only be an issue in the demo. I get the feeling that the EA team purposefully jacked up the OL's ability to run block just for the demo in order to show off all the new options/runs. I mean, its a better problem to have (for right now) than if they couldn't block, and a lot of people couldn't experience all the coool stuff they added as a selling point.

Anyways, for the majority of the market, everyone knows offense sells, whether in real life or video games.
Yes It could be just for the demo. (Hope so). I know online it will be abused by everybody. In the Oklahoma drill I have no problems block shedding.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Rookie

dcgc5's Arena

OVR: 9

There should be some sort of LB leverage like knifing or swimming on the D line to at least give you a chance to not get swallowed up.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #14
Rookie

War34Eagle's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgc5
There should be some sort of LB leverage like knifing or swimming on the D line to at least give you a chance to not get swallowed up.
I just got the mental image of a linebacker pulling a shank out of his sock and sticking it in the lineman's gut...
Old 06-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
The point is that when being blocked u can't release in either direction and its to slow in playing out when you do. I feel it's the same when playing as a defensive lineman too...
so you say you CANT release, then you say you can but its too slow. which is it ?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »