Home

NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
why does everyone keep thinking that the next gen will fix things. thats obsurd. ive been around for every gen that has come out since NES. the NCAA move to ps2 was garbage until 04 which wasnt anywhere near 06 which wasnt anywhere near the versions that came out on ps2 once the ps3 came out. remember how good ncaa 08 looked? they used all the power for graphics and the game was complete garbage. all we had was a weather channel function. it hasnt got a ton better. but i bet next years ncaa(14) which im sure will be on both gens will be better on this gen. prob for a few years. thats the trend that we have had with ea for a long time. did the jayson guy even play the demo? not that i care but i have never read a review that didnt review. and yea i totally agree that this game should of come out along time ago. that ea should be in a 2year cycle. that ncaa on this gen has been really bad but slowly improving. i really liked last year but it had a game killer with the db issue. the run game and option was still a joke on 13. tackling looked terrible and oline interaction was the same on ncaa 02. those seemed to be fixed or better. and should of been fixed and better way back in 09. but thinking next gen is the savior it fooling yourself. it will take a few years if not 5 or 6 to really get it where it can be. same way on the other gens with ncaa and madden. and guys dont sell your xbox's and ps3's thinking that next gen will save your college football gaming. just some forwarning from a grey bush thats seen it all before. i guess jayson wasnt around for the last gen jump.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 14 Demo Impressions Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
He mirrors what iv'e been saying for the past two weeks. After playing the demo a bit, I still feel this is a game, ncaa14, that we should have had two years ago or even last year. Hopefully in a few weeks the final full product gives us the payoff we've all been looking for.
I get that. But bashing what was wrong with the previous games isn't giving impressions of the current game. the only impression he states is we should have had this game years ago. not informative or descriptive of the current game at all.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love the run game and those hard cuts but I still hate the player models. Why can't player models be anything like madden? They look like ps2 models
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #12
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I am in utter shock. I have been very critical of this series, but this feels like a totally different game. Not nearly as twitchy and robotic as the games before it. It feels silky smooth.

On another note I still see some issues that would possibly prevent me from purchasing it. Played around with the QB accuracy slider and it did not seem to have much effect on the ball at all. I'm also still seeing the CPU make some questionable play calls, especially on defense. I called a hail Mary at the end of the 1st half in my Michigan/ Ohio St game and with 3 guys on one side of the field they all ran passed everyone except for the safety on that side. I believe the CPU blitzed as well but without the luxury of replay I'm not sure.

After all these years I can finally feel a bit of weight and momentum! Infinity 2.0 is a massive upgrade, but I fear the CPU playcalling will be another weakness in this year's game. I also fear the sliders will be screwed up again. I'll do some testing on the other sliders later.

Also the lag on the PS3 demo is inexcusable. Definitely a no buy if it remains in the retail version. The best thing I can say about this demo is that I can finally say I really have hope for next gen. I can only imagine how good Madden will be this year.

Edit: I'm also noticing a lot of sacks on CPU scrambling QBs because they still run up the middle rather than scrambling to the sidelines. Oh...and one more thing. Coordinator Cam is the bizness!!! Just like the old school classic cam. Just can't understand why it took so long to get it

Last edited by Sundown2600; 06-20-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #13
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
why does everyone keep thinking that the next gen will fix things. thats obsurd. ive been around for every gen that has come out since NES. the NCAA move to ps2 was garbage until 04 which wasnt anywhere near 06 which wasnt anywhere near the versions that came out on ps2 once the ps3 came out. remember how good ncaa 08 looked? they used all the power for graphics and the game was complete garbage. all we had was a weather channel function. it hasnt got a ton better. but i bet next years ncaa(14) which im sure will be on both gens will be better on this gen. prob for a few years. thats the trend that we have had with ea for a long time. did the jayson guy even play the demo? not that i care but i have never read a review that didnt review. and yea i totally agree that this game should of come out along time ago. that ea should be in a 2year cycle. that ncaa on this gen has been really bad but slowly improving. i really liked last year but it had a game killer with the db issue. the run game and option was still a joke on 13. tackling looked terrible and oline interaction was the same on ncaa 02. those seemed to be fixed or better. and should of been fixed and better way back in 09. but thinking next gen is the savior it fooling yourself. it will take a few years if not 5 or 6 to really get it where it can be. same way on the other gens with ncaa and madden. and guys dont sell your xbox's and ps3's thinking that next gen will save your college football gaming. just some forwarning from a grey bush thats seen it all before. i guess jayson wasnt around for the last gen jump.
Ive been around since the Odyssey2 generation and that was a long time ago, I have seen leaps and bounds of better things done on the next generation console since then, to the not so great things done.

I can agree with all of them including Jason on what was done right and wrong on NCAA 14, my opinion is though it is far better than it was in 12 i skipped 13 and now looking to get 14.

What it needs though is ratings edited cause as far as I can tell some of the players are a little exaggerated in that area and I'm sure some of the problems in the game can be fixed by rerating the players. My only worry is though is if they patch some thing what will it break, but that we will have to wait and see.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
the incredible upgrade in graphics and colors
i don't know what it is, but i'm just not feeling this part of what everyone's saying just yet. graphics are important to me for whatever personal reason, but there were times when playing '13 that i was amazed by how the player helmets looked, jerseys too on the closeups. it just hasn't popped for me yet on the demo, but like i've repeatedly said, for me, there is always an adjustment period with the leap between years.

i'm digging the game play. my problem is, with 3 min quarters, i can't really get my game on. seems like the cpu drives so fast, and by the time i'm getting anything established the ½ is already over.

also i get no thrill out of playing with other teams.

my wife is out of town for the night, and me, the dog and a 12pk of budweiser will be getting several hours of play time tonight, and with that said, i won't really enjoy it until i can get the Huskers under my control.

now that i've offered nothing to the thread, i'll shut up.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #15
Rookie

Jayfrancks's Arena

Anybody else see the scene after a timeout where they show the trainers and the floating water bottles? Looks terrible. Maybe its just the demo...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #16
Rookie

I also wish the linebackers weren't so damn small like they are in ncaa 12-14. They look damn corners

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »