Home

Uniform Updates 6.0

This is a discussion on Uniform Updates 6.0 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #425
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Uniform Updates 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Houston's equipment director posted this on twitter earlier today:

It appears the rumors of our getting new uni's this season may well be true.

*sigh*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #426
Rookie

cbow52's Arena

OVR: 0

houston changes their unis all the time, and they've never gotten it right.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #427
Rookie

drift7one's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

*sigh*
oh... oh my... ummm..... nope.

waaay too much white there. it's gotta be either the shoulders OR pits (at least on a "home" uniform).
Old 07-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #428
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

What is with all of that white?

The Houston Cougars, classic script logo with solid, scarlet jerseys...

Wait, check that... let's use the Thundercats logo from 1985 and make 54% of the our home jerseys white.

Sorry Cougrfan, this is disappointing to the max
Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #429
Rookie

drift7one's Arena

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and assume that all of those uniforms were on display at the Adidas 7v7 Texas State Championships going on, and they are there on display to help "amp up" the kids. it looks like theyre set up in a room where the players go through to get their cleats and other accessories for the event.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #430
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

By the way, these are FANTASTIC! That UB really pops on this helmet.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #431
Rookie

drift7one's Arena

well that didn't take long. decided to snoop around the Adidas FB page, and starting looking through some photos. it definitely was an "equipment" room for the 7v7 Texas State Championships. this was the only photo I found with anything else. you can see IU and NC State helmets in the background.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #432
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
I need some help regarding the Adidas Techfits.

With Nike I don't know the official name of all their templates, but they all look distinctly different when looking back at the pictures.

The Techfits all look the same from a distance, and its hard to tell the difference by looking at a picture of a team wearing them.

According to our Resident UTSA expert they have the wrong jerseys, my issue here is that the design is exactly the same, but the placement of the Adidas logo is different, so I'm inclined to believe him. Problem is I don't know whether they should be wearing a template identical to what Texas A&M and Mississippi State wore last year, or what Tennessee wore last year, or are they wearing what Tennessee was wearing back in 2011 (because UT has worn every iteration of the techfit).

Is the template they used for the orange alternate identical to the one they use for their home and away uniforms or are their home and away the 2011 version of the techfit while the Orange alt was the 2012 version (I know the Orange one is identical to what Bowling Green and FAU wore).

Could someone enlighten me on this? I want to make sure we get these templates completely up to date, I just have no idea what these teams should be wearing.

I'm pretty sure that all the major schools are up to date, its just the smaller schools (the once outside the 5 AQ Conferences). Teams like Rice, FAU, FIU, BGU, etc. But if you think that some of the major schools have the wrong template too let me know.

And I want to make sure you know I'm only focusing on what teams wore last year! I know that a lot of Adidas teams will be going to that new mess we saw earlier this year, as that list will be easy to keep track of once more info comes out.

AHHHHH this is huge!! Ok, I'm not an expert on UTSA, but they aren't the correct template and the pants weren't updated either.

THE BIGGER SCHOOLS HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED!!! FAU, UMASS, and New Mexico State (just to name a few) have the NEW correct template for Adidas tech-fits, but teams like Tennessee, Notre Dame, and Michigan seem like they're trying to match the current uniforms, but just on a very outdated template.
If you'll look at Tennessee up close in the game, you'll see that they're way off with the template, and the collar logo size/ placement.
I know NC State got the updated template, but UT definitely does not.
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1347227808

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »