Home

Is this some kind of bug or something?

This is a discussion on Is this some kind of bug or something? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is this some kind of bug or something?

So I was playing and the other team got a touchdown but he was clearly out of bounds when he caught/got control of the ball. I went to challenge the play and I got a message telling me the play was either ineligible or I used the instant replay in the pause menu which I didn't. Is this a bug or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Is this some kind of bug or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashhat69
So I was playing and the other team got a touchdown but he was clearly out of bounds when he caught/got control of the ball. I went to challenge the play and I got a message telling me the play was either ineligible or I used the instant replay in the pause menu which I didn't. Is this a bug or something?
It's typical EA crap! This happens far too often. You can write it off as "home field advantage" if you're playing on the road, but when it happens in your own stadium, it's rather ridiculous.

Why they allow this to happen is beyond me, but it's been proven over the entire gen that "quality control" was nowhere near where it should have been, so you just have to deal with it and move on. Sad... but it is what it is...

Old 06-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #3
Rookie

So I ended up losing that game..by a TD
Old 06-19-2014, 11:59 PM   #4
Rookie

pirateraider's Arena

OVR: 4

I guess you could just try to spin it like the refs blew the call... frustrating but it does happen in real life
Old 06-20-2014, 04:05 AM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateraider
I guess you could just try to spin it like the refs blew the call... frustrating but it does happen in real life
Yes, you could view it that way, but that's why the challenge system is in place... and when they won't allow you to even challenge the call, saying that you've viewed the play when you haven't, THAT is what he's griping about and justly so...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #6
Rookie

I ended up having a pass where my receiver clearly passed the goalline before going out of bounds get ruled down at the one. My RB ran it in the next play and was credited with a TD. What wasn't normal was that my QB also was credited with a TD pass even though that was the first scoring play of the game and, despite the play clearly being a TD, was ruled down at the one on the field and play continued from there.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #7
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

EA's goalline programming was really bad the last two years.

I won a game on a hail mary in which I was a yard outside of the endzone when I was downed. It was reviewed and the play was upheld.

It happens far too often in which goalline plays are reversed and you either A, can't challenge or B, the refs uphold it for this to be viewed as anything but a bug.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

I once picked off a pass at my own 1-yard line, and my momentum carried me into the end zone. I ran it out of the end zone, and was tackled between the 1 and 2. The ruling on the field was a safety.

I had the same bug where I couldn't challenge the play because it said I had already viewed the replay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »