Home

Keeping your Dynasty fresh

This is a discussion on Keeping your Dynasty fresh within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #17
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Keeping your Dynasty fresh

There are a lot of really great ideas on this thread! Something that I did on NCAA 08 for the last gen consoles was create a bunch of my buddies from school and let them get recruited by who ever wanted/ needed them. That was A LOT of fun watching them all go their separate ways and have varying levels of success for different programs.

I hope we can keep this thread going strong! I am picking up a lot of awesome ideas from you guys! I think these will help not just me, but anyone who checks out this thread!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #18
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Only lose one game....heck, I have seasons with some crap teams where I am lucky to win more than one game (and I am good enough on the joystick to go to BCS bowls nearly every year when using good programs).

The ABSOLUTE key is to find a slider set that is realistic for you. It should be balanced that if you are playing as South Alabama against Alabama, that you get your butt kicked; but if the roles are reversed, you win just as easily. More even matchups should feel more even. When a set is so hard that you have to be on 'upset alert' every week even if using a powerhouse against a D-level school, playing will just get frustrating.

I also do a few other things:

1. Create myself as a coach so I start with crap ratings.
2. Pick a crap program in a crap conference. Even better, load in a Teambuilder FCS school and put them in a conference like the Sun Belt or C-USA (or even the AAC at this stage....as sad as that is)
3. Put together tough non-conference schedules and learn to enjoy getting your butt kicked...but those rare games when you actually compete will be so much fun....
4. Recruit realistically.....do NOT go after four/five star recruits when using a one star school. One exception, if there just happens to be a high-level recruit out of your school's town, you have an option to do that....it would probably happen in real life too. As someone else said, pick your list of 30 or 40 guys and that is it.
5. As soon as you get decent (like a three star), move to a power conference so you can rack up more losses.

Once you have endured a few seasons of this....you will really begin to enjoy the small victories week in and week out. And when your program really starts to get good, you will enjoy the fruits of your labor even more. It is incredibly rewarding.

With all that said, if you only like to use powerhouses...well, this doesn't help much. In this case, I like to use alternate alignments. This one was my favorite from NCAA 13.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ion-final.html

Using a big school there (particularly in the PAC-12 - TexMex or Big10 - Rural) is brutal. Unfortunately, the dissolution of the WAC screws this up for NCAA 14....will have to find another system.
Great piece man. On the recruiting thing I'd say you can only recruit prospects rated up to 2 stars higher than your schools prestige for non-pipeline prospects, up to 3 stars higher for not in state but in pipeline prospects, and up 4 stars higher for in state prospects. You could also say 1* higher non-pipe; 2* higher out of state pipe; 3* higher in state; 4* higher in town to make it REALLY difficult.

And on the relegation system, I LOVE it!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #19
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Had one winning season in an OD I was in and it was the most fun I ever had with this game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog
Had one winning season in an OD I was in and it was the most fun I ever had with this game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Not picking on you specifically my friend, but WHY ON EARTH does everyone say OD when the "O" can mean online or offline? It doesn't exactly add clarity to one's statement....

Just curious what you actually meant here.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #21
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

What i do is take my cas cleveland state in the mac. Make them in the bottom 3rd talent wise. Build them up and when i start to win the conference regularly i then wait for an offer from ohio state. When i get there its a refreshing and keeps it interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #22
Rookie

dcgc5's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
What i do is take my cas cleveland state in the mac. Make them in the bottom 3rd talent wise. Build them up and when i start to win the conference regularly i then wait for an offer from ohio state. When i get there its a refreshing and keeps it interesting.
Are you a fan of THE OSU? Because for me big powerhouses like OSU Bama LSU So Cal ND ect are boring. Even Arkansas got boring for me after a few years its just WAY to easy to recruit. But I could see where as a fan going to OSU would be fun because I went to South Carolina at one point in the dynasty I mentioned earlier in this thread and it was very fun. (I was still OC at the time)
Old 06-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #23
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgc5
Are you a fan of THE OSU? Because for me big powerhouses like OSU Bama LSU So Cal ND ect are boring. Even Arkansas got boring for me after a few years its just WAY to easy to recruit. But I could see where as a fan going to OSU would be fun because I went to South Carolina at one point in the dynasty I mentioned earlier in this thread and it was very fun. (I was still OC at the time)
Yes im a huge fan of TOSU. When i get there ive ussually messed with there recruiting so theyre not a top teir team. I also try to set the records for most NCs by a coach.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #24
Rookie

alemic's Arena

OVR: 4

Online dynasties are a lot of fun if done right. It is not always the best measure to get a large group either you must make sure everybody is going to play similarly. Whether it be cheesing it out and trying to hit 100 every game or play like my group does and play sim ball.

Though it is not for everybody we currently run a website for our OD and write our own weekly recaps, post videos, pictures, and other content to the website to get more hype up for our yearly conference, recruiting, and title races. We all start with 1 star schools and build them up and it is a lot of fun to look back at the struggling times and then to see what player(s) made the team break out into a national powerhouse.
9-4 Sun Belt Champs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »